Killer Band!

I've been stoked on this band for a better part of the year...unfortunately, I'm studying abroad in the UK and have to wait until March 2nd for the record to come out here! Jeroen shreds, as do all of them, and it's a perfect mix of technical styles old and new.

This could be a hell of a year for metal, especially if Necrophagist can outdo their first two efforts with their new release, this Summer. Here's Obscura's video for Anticosmic Overload (curious about their lyrics, but I should have the official CD next week):

Last edited by a moderator:
I just discovered this band few weeks ago. Really ,really, really great stuff. I can't wait to see them live with Cannibal Corpse in two month!

Obscura is great!Perfect riffs,great vocals and monster drums,check the Death cover in their first CD called "retribution".Jerroen Paul Thesseling is one big genius

How bout we all just listen to Steve's incredible work on Autopsy's Fiend For Blood, undoubtedly one of the best bass performances on any metal album. IMO, Steve's playing completed Autopsy's music, without him, it doesn't feel exactly right.

Atheist is another one but, also quite obvious.

More albums with great bass work...
Gorguts - Obscura and From Wisdom To Hate

Hibria - Defying the rules

Pestilence - Spheres (They've already been listed but I wanted to point out this album specifically because it was one of Jeron Paul Thesslings early albums, he doesn't do anything crazy and technical however, without him on this album it wouldn't have been nearly as good do to all of the odd bass harmony's he adds.)

Hieronymus Bosch

Prog/Death from Russia. Pretty good basslines

Gorod's bassist is awesome too.

Check out Augury from Canada. The bassist really is incredible. That's him playing a song from their new record coming up in august:

Damn I could go on like this for hours there's too many bassist I really admire

well...I consider it is best to admire a lot of different bassists than just a few ones...

hooked on obscuras's cosmogenesis...

need my dose everyday

you are right with augury and gorguts, great bands also, qith great bass lines

^Ehhhhh he's a lot of flashy technique without core bassline fundamentals. His work on the new Deeds of Flesh is a step above the Blood Red Throne stuff, but...let's just say his youtube videos of all the crazy sweeping and shit are a lot cooler than the actual application of it.

Now that this has come up again, here are some songs played by André Gomes, a bassist from Bazil:

I'm in love with Cosmogenesis at the moment, best CD of 09' so far, and am I the only one who hears the Death influence? Everything reminds me of Death, except the vocals, more of a Gorguts delivery. The Death influence really shines on the song 'Incarnated', kind of reminds me of Misanthrope. These guys must've loved ITP and Symbolic growing up.