Killer Pedal!!!!!

adrianvillan

Metal Commando.
Mar 31, 2004
The ruins of Los Angeles
Hey guys , I just happen to come across this pedal from a friend of mine. Im not a pedal fanatic I like to try and get the distortion and gain out of the amp. But put this thing in front of an old Marshall and it sounds amazing!! Its built like a tank, heavy as a brick and looks like Gene Simmons boots!
It has a very cool gate switch with 3 setting to control feed back. Check it out for yourself if you get a chance. I was pleasantly surprised :loco:
http://line6.com/tonecore/uberMetal.html

I like this pedal, it's essentially a better sounding take on the Metal Zone concept (with some good DSP/modeling rather than just tons of dumbass gain), and can make a great "poor man's POD XT" if you want to throw down with some ghetto fabulous tracks.

However, I'd rather use a real POD XT, or better yet, a real amp.

I think its great for those guys that show up with the metal zone through a Marshall or other older amps without much gain. The gate made it worth while for me. I just got the 5150 ll!!. Thanks for the advice Kazrog. I love the tone and balls. fucking loud but still alot of definition. Although my tube screamer (ts9) isnt producing the tones Im hearing in this forum. I might need the Maxon 808 for that. But back to the topic. Im going to use the pedal for a Black metal band next week. He insist on using his Marshall head and a Metalzone "its his sound" We'll see how it goes. Oh and his feedback is just ridiculous.

Dude I have a 6505+ (which is a 5150 II) and a tube screamer and it sounds amazing and Sneap-worthy. What kind of guitar are you using? EMG pickups are a must.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
TS9 and OD808 aren't THAT different from what I know actually (never owned a 808 tho), at least don't expect drastic changes... Maybe the cab is responsible for your not-so-great sound.

The really big difference is this chip: JRC4558
With that chip you got the real tone of a tube screamer.
My maxon od9 has that chip, so mine would be better compared to the ibanez ts9. Tryed a ts9 didn't like it that much, but I have to say that I played with it just a few minutes.
All maxon overdrives, apart ROD880 that uses a tube for driven sound, I think have it installed.

Maurizio

Kazrog said:
Dude I have a 6505+ (which is a 5150 II) and a tube screamer and it sounds amazing and Sneap-worthy. What kind of guitar are you using? EMG pickups are a must.

Yup EMG'S on my Ibanez RG and Jackson Soloist. Im getting "ok" tones with the 5150 ll and tube screamer. My problem is all the feed back Im getting from the pedal during quick palm mutes. I have a boss noise gate but it cuts out allot of the tone IMO.
If you dont mind Kazrog, post some of your settings so I can at least get in the ball park of where to start :worship:

adrianvillan said:
Yup EMG'S on my Ibanez RG and Jackson Soloist. Im getting "ok" tones with the 5150 ll and tube screamer. My problem is all the feed back Im getting from the pedal during quick palm mutes. I have a boss noise gate but it cuts out allot of the tone IMO.
If you dont mind Kazrog, post some of your settings so I can at least get in the ball park of where to start :worship:

Will do when I get home... which Boss noise gate? I'm using the NS-2 and it cuts zero tone out for me at all and gets me tight stops, no feedback, etc. You have to hook up the Tube Screamer through the NS-2's loop though and run your guitar to the amp through the NS-2's input/output. You can crank the noise reduction all the way (or close) and it works great.

Kazrog said:
Will do when I get home... which Boss noise gate? I'm using the NS-2 and it cuts zero tone out for me at all and gets me tight stops, no feedback, etc. You have to hook up the Tube Screamer through the NS-2's loop though and run your guitar to the amp through the NS-2's input/output. You can crank the noise reduction all the way (or close) and it works great.

Ahh ok. I have the NF 1 I use it after the tube screamer. It doesnt have the loop send connections. Wish the tube screamer had a built in gate like the Uber pedal! Look like I'll have to pick up the NS2.

adrianvillan said:
Ahh ok. I have the NF 1 I use it after the tube screamer. It doesnt have the loop send connections. Wish the tube screamer had a built in gate like the Uber pedal! Look like I'll have to pick up the NS2.

The NS2 is a much better pedal. The loop is killer. Best noise gate pedal I've used, although people have told me very good things about the ISP Decimator.

Kazrog said:
I'd definitely be interested in how you have the amp and TS9 set for rhythms... Which cab and speakers are you using with that 6505+? BTW - I used your PODXT patch and it sounds amazing, even made a short clip with it mixed with DIOBOLIC's patch. Killer stuff!

Steve

sah5150 said:
I'd definitely be interested in how you have the amp and TS9 set for rhythms... Which cab and speakers are you using with that 6505+? BTW - I used your PODXT patch and it sounds amazing, even made a short clip with it mixed with DIOBOLIC's patch. Killer stuff!

Steve

Thanks!

Here's the info on my 6505+ rig:

Cabinet: Mesa Boogie Standard 4x12 (oversize) with Celestion Vintage 30s
Settings:

Lead Channel (numbers refer to numbers painted on the unit):
Pre: 5
Low: 8.5
Mid: 1
High: 7.7
Resonance: 8
Presence: 8

I run the Ibanez TS808 tube screamer with the following settings:
Overdrive: 9 o'clock
Tone: 10:30 o'clock
Level: 1:00 o'clock

I run the TS808 through the loop of the Boss NS-2, into the front input of the amp. I don't have anything in the FX loop of the amp itself.

I'm using EMG 85s in the bridge position of all my guitars, mahogany bodies, neck thru construction (all ESP guitars.) With all this taken into consideration, the tone is not unlike middle-period Soilwork, or the latest Devildriver album.

I don't have any recordings of this rig for you guys yet, but soon (need to get some isolation foam and pegboard to glue it onto!)

Kazrog said:
Thanks!

Here's the info on my 6505+ rig:

Cabinet: Mesa Boogie Standard 4x12 (oversize) with Celestion Vintage 30s
Settings:

Lead Channel (numbers refer to numbers painted on the unit):
Pre: 5
Low: 8.5
Mid: 1
High: 7.7
Resonance: 8
Presence: 8

I run the Ibanez TS808 tube screamer with the following settings:
Overdrive: 9 o'clock
Tone: 10:30 o'clock
Level: 1:00 o'clock

I run the TS808 through the loop of the Boss NS-2, into the front input of the amp. I don't have anything in the FX loop of the amp itself.

I'm using EMG 85s in the bridge position of all my guitars, mahogany bodies, neck thru construction (all ESP guitars.) With all this taken into consideration, the tone is not unlike middle-period Soilwork, or the latest Devildriver album.

I don't have any recordings of this rig for you guys yet, but soon (need to get some isolation foam and pegboard to glue it onto!)

Ok thanks Kazrog!! I dont have the 808 but I'll see what I can do with the ts9. I'll try and get some sample clips recorded also.