Killer Pedal!!!!!

adrianvillan said:
Ok thanks Kazrog!! I dont have the 808 but I'll see what I can do with the ts9. I'll try and get some sample clips recorded also.

The TS9 sounds almost identical to the TS808. People make a bigger deal out of these pedals than they need to, having owned a TS9, TS808, and the Maxon OD820. Settings for all of them are comparable, the differences are subtle.

Kazrog said:
The TS9 sounds almost identical to the TS808. People make a bigger deal out of these pedals than they need to, having owned a TS9, TS808, and the Maxon OD820. Settings for all of them are comparable, the differences are subtle.

OK! Good to know. I will be the mad scientist when I get home. But I have to say the Uber pedal is really impressing me through my JCM 800 And the clean channel on the 5150 ll! Its so thick and heavy. Ive yet to try in on my triple rectifer. I will try and post all 3 when I get a chance.

I agree with Kazrog - the TS family are all very similiar to each other.

Don't laugh at the name, but the Digitech Bad Monkey is a fucking sweet pedal to use for "metal boosting" that is to say, hitting an already dirty channel as a sort of clean boost.

They are only $40 new and they really do sound good - no joke. In fact, I'm wondering if I like mine more than my $120 OD808...

I actually like the metal zone. You just need to adjust the sweepable mid correctly, not dial in too much gain, and actually USE your mids. very good for a fearfactory/masterofpuppets sound. sounds MUCH better than anything digital including anything anything "multieffects" or "modeling". Digital processing results in abnormal amounts of feedback. Too much feedback also comes from setting the gain too high, especially when coupled with excessive treble.

lessthanenthusiastic said:
I actually like the metal zone. You just need to adjust the sweepable mid correctly, not dial in too much gain, and actually USE your mids. very good for a fearfactory/masterofpuppets sound. sounds MUCH better than anything digital including anything anything "multieffects" or "modeling". Digital processing results in abnormal amounts of feedback. Too much feedback also comes from setting the gain too high, especially when coupled with excessive treble.

Ive used the Metalzone pedal for over 10 years. It was ok back in the day. But it just doenst cut it for me anymore. Sounds dated. This Uber pedal has the sweepabale mids and IMO sounds allot better than the metal zone. PLus it has 3 dffrerent pedal setting so its like getting 3 pedals AND a noise gate all in one. Goes through batteries like crazy though.