Killswitch Engage covers Holy Diver (video) - old and new collide

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I just came across this video for Killswitch Engage covering Holy Diver, and it's good! The video is tongue in cheek funny as well - but done well.

Check it out:

Last edited:
Howard is a pathetic vocalist I think, I could half-way respect Jesse Leech as he almost threw up his guts he gave it that much energy, Howard is just the poster-boy for mediocre metalcore singers.

Other then that, its pretty good.

For an interesting new covers old song, check out System of a Down's cover of Snowblind by Black Sabbath. System do a few Sabbath covers, I personally dont really go for them or the band but a friend does and this is better then the others.

I've always wondered what the hell was with the lyrics in that song. It sounds like Dio just threw together whatever would rhyme, without bothering to think about how incoherent and silly the words actually were.

Anyway, decent cover. The random double-bass metalcore spasms were pretty ridiculous, but they did add a few things of interest to the song.

Watching the king with that leg of meat made me hungry. :loco:

the only thing I can say was good was the clean vocals which the guy did pretty well. Other than that, it was crap. Turning the main riff into a metalcore 'chugg' riff, the drummer foolishly throws the double bass around and does that lame fast pace punk beat after the first "Gotta get away, Holy Diver". The scream vocals were to final nail to the coffin.