Killswitch Engage covers Holy Diver (video) - old and new collide

The worst part is the fucking tongue-in-cheek, piss-taking "humour" of the video. Jesus fucking Christ in a sled, can't these metalcore fuckers take anything with any kind of reverence? They might think DIO a big fucking joke, but given the choice between Dio and this collection of fucking knob-jockeys, I'd be throwing the horns at the little fellow toute-suite. I hate the fucking "irony" that all these non-metal bands (who, curiously, all rape metal influences) seem to think cool - you know, the fucking screamo $200 hair cut lady-boys who think it's soooooo cool to wear brand new "Number of the Beast" T-shirts.

I got news for all you cunts:

You're fucking WASTERS

So... Dio wasn't a big fucking joke to begin with?

Have you seen the original "Holy Diver" music video? I assure you, it'll make you cringe much more than the cover video. :lol:

lol i think its a funny song to begin with, and cant even take the dio version seriously

This is why gay culture should not be allowed in metal. Anyone who liked this travesty pretty much needs to get in the line for the showers.

So... Dio wasn't a big fucking joke to begin with?

Have you seen the original "Holy Diver" music video? I assure you, it'll make you cringe much more than the cover video. :lol:

Dio's humour was both self-aware and self-effacing. There's no humility or awareness of any sort involved in this. This is just a bunch of tools having a laugh at the expense of something they'll never understand, like sixth grade boys snickering at David because you can see his wang.

Dio in general is a very mediocre band. They've got maybe 2 or 3 cool songs on each of their albums, with the rest all being boring cookie-cutter songs with sludgy, awkward riffs. The lyrics are usually thoroughly laughable, as is the vocal delivery for the most part.

To me, the only redeeming factor for the band is the existence of some truly ass-kicking, memorable pieces like "Holy Diver", "Rainbow in the Dark", or "We Rock". Even those songs have their flaws - there's just enough awesomeness to them to overlook that.

Dio's humour was both self-aware and self-effacing. There's no humility or awareness of any sort involved in this. This is just a bunch of tools having a laugh at the expense of something they'll never understand, like sixth grade boys snickering at David because you can see his wang.

I wouldn't know to what extent Dio is 'joking on himself' during his songs, but if he is, it's more of a sad joke than a funny one. Especially given the dark, serious musical tone that accompanies pretty much all his songs.

Dio in general is a very mediocre band. They've got maybe 2 or 3 cool songs on each of their albums, with the rest all being boring cookie-cutter songs with sludgy, awkward riffs. The lyrics are usually thoroughly laughable, as is the vocal delivery for the most part.

To me, the only redeeming factor for the band is the existence of some truly ass-kicking, memorable pieces like "Holy Diver", "Rainbow in the Dark", or "We Rock". Even those songs have their flaws - there's just enough awesomeness to them to overlook that.

The album 'Holy Diver' is not mediocre.

That is probably one of the most solid metal releases ever.

I wouldn't know to what extent Dio is 'joking on himself' during his songs, but if he is, it's more of a sad joke than a funny one. Especially given the dark, serious musical tone that accompanies pretty much all his songs.

I take it you haven't actually seen the videos for "Holy Diver" and "The Last in Line"? The songs are both serious, but the videos are a humorous take on the image Dio had acquired in the music press.