King Diamond Is Touring The US...

I envy you, I was hoping to catch either of the German shows and am not able to do so.

Have you ever seen KD? This will be my first time.

No need to envy me, I may go to a lot of good shows but otherwise my life sucks as much as anyone else's.:lol:

Last 2 or maybe even 3 times he canceled Vegas within 10 years, never seen him in Vegas. Trying to remember, but don't think I've ever seen King Diamond solo. Mercyful Fate 3x though.

Some weird stuff going on with Jake E Lee, one report compared it to Spinal Tap moment..lol.

Yep, I've been waiting a very long time here in Vegas to see King. Got my ticket and fingers crossed for Nov 1st though. After 25 years I can't wait! :kickass:

Bad news... King is cancelling some shows in Europe due to his health...

Just read about it, sounds like dehydration. Hopefully he rebounds soon, but I'm sure after the health issues he's had he won't take any chances.

I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often with these older acts playing outdoor gigs in the heat of the summer. Saw Iron Maiden 2 years ago and it was 105 degrees. Bruce was drenched with sweat, but still performed perfectly.

Side note, I ended up with heat exhaustion, and all I did was stand there watching the show.:erk:

Iron Maiden have the big advantage of these private planes... they sleep at their home every night. I hope King gets well, but I seriously doubt he handles the whole tour without a few cancellations.

Have you ever seen KD? This will be my first time.

No need to envy me, I may go to a lot of good shows but otherwise my life sucks as much as anyone else's.:lol:

I saw Mercyful Fate with about 100 other people on the Dead Again tour in 1998.

I don't like it either, but I don't like people getting fucked over even more. Just look at Greg Christian vs Testament. :yuk:

I think this situation is different. King made a very detailed response, which included money (and the contradictions Hal made in his original statement), and when Hal replied again he said nothing about the pay. Everyone agrreed to what the y would be paid, and Hal kinda said no at the 11th hour. Not very professional.

Truth be told, this stuff has been going on for as long as bands have toured. Its just now once one person airs the dirty laundry on social media, the other side almost has to respond. Most of us would be fired for airing our professional work grievances in a public matter like this.

I'll hold my breath over this tour. I've never seen more people cancel more shows for being sick and ill than King Diamond

Must not be a Deicide fan then huh? LOL.

He hasn't toured the states in almost a decade, but his entire show archive is online, including the canceled shows:

http://www.mfkdfaq.com/tourdates.php?artist_id=2

besides the 07/08 tour that was dropped because of his herniated disk canceled shows have been few and far between.

I almost forgot to mention, saw King Diamond (finally) and WOW! Great show! And, as far as cancellations, none so far on this US tour. He had a nasty cold for a while and I just heard he had food poisoning last night and the show went on.

I'm really bad at reviews, all I can say is I've waited since high school to see Kind Diamond and it was worth the wait. His voice sounded perfect and the band was great!

Here's the Chicago setlist...

1.The Candle
2. Sleepless Nights
3. Welcome Home
4. Never Ending Hill
5. The Puppet Master
6. At the Graves
7. Tea / Digging Graves / A Visit from the Dead
8. Evil
9. Come to the Sabbath
10. Shapes of Black
11. Eye of the Witch