King of Terrors

PrgrsveMetalnChains

Vocal Prince
Jun 18, 2007
FWB, FL
I haven't listened to much of this song since I've owned the Odyssey album but for the first time the other day I finally sat down and made myself listen to this amazing fuckin' song. Jesus H it's so powerful and amazing!

The chord progressions Allen goes through with his voice in the chorus are amazing.

...and not to mention; at 3:53 into the song. That scream that Allen throws in there makes me want to kill someone. It's not like him to do such a thing, but it fits the anger/fear theme so damn well!!! Also at 4:19...that's one of the best, most tight breakdowns I have heard in a S-X song yet...it just drives for power; just a superb song.

Off my ranting now...next comment?

It's a good song. I wish it were more melodic, but it is fine the way it is. Pretty creative too. I love the horror flick and the guitar / bass run.

The Turning is better

I've heard a lot of people say that they think The Turning is something of filler.

i think its a very well written song, and I love the dynamic exchange that Russell Allen has from chorus to chorus from someone in dispair to some monster on a rampage. fucking killer.

about King of Terrors. The whole song is awesomeness... I love the way it starts the way the sound kinda swells. It kinda sounds like someone waking up with a huge headache and then realizing they are about to be sliced in half...

Have you guys ever read The Pit and the Pendulum on which this song is based? You can find it online, go check it out.

Great song, and one of the strongest on The Odyssey, in my opinion. The guitar/bass tapping run is incredible!

Also, the riffs in the middle section are awesome! I love when it goes into 9/8.

Great song, and one of the strongest on The Odyssey, in my opinion. The guitar/bass tapping run is incredible!

Also, the riffs in the middle section are awesome! I love when it goes into 9/8.

i love to play along with that part! in fact i love to play along with the whole song, or that is i would if i had any idea how to play solos! haha.

is that russ that speaks the quote btw? cuz he doesn't do it like that live at all.

i love to play along with that part! in fact i love to play along with the whole song, or that is i would if i had any idea how to play solos! haha.

is that russ that speaks the quote btw? cuz he doesn't do it like that live at all.

Just one more post like that one and we'll be set :loco:

...it's not him who says it..it's some decently famous writer or actor or something of that sort.

Both King of Terrors and the Turning are awesome. I especially love how that first A5 chord of Awakenings nicely follows the ending of the Turning. Besides those two songs, I personally think Awakenings is one of the best songs on that CD. It has a little of everything - atmospheric intro, soft melody, heaviness, killer chorus, wicked solos, and great, meaningful lyrics. Can't believe this was already 5 years ago!

The heaviest song on "The Oddessy" CD by far.

I really liked "Incatations of the Apprentice" better, and that song is very heavy too.

omg i LOVE to play that song... its one of the few SX songs i can play in entirety!

that chorus riff is SOOOOO groovin.

and about awakenings, I agree, its got heavy its got subtle its got the classical influence and that jazzy bass riff. And Russ is the man as always.