Kings of Cheese?

Bal mother effing Sagoth, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

songtitle: The Dark Liege Of Chaos Is Unleashed At The Ensorcelled Shrine Of A'Zura Kai (The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon Of The Hyperborean Empire - Part II)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right I really don't know any of them cradle of filth dimmu borgir behemoth or any of the other bands like that, but even if they are really true to being evil, that's worse than any other type of metal, to me anyway, because I just find the whole idea very dumb, i can't really explain how stupid it looks and sounds to me, the fake ones and the real ones are both cheesy to me. I know what some people might be thinking that I'm a crazy Christian or something, but I'm not even close, I just don't like the over done paint your face,and act like a jackass evil crap.

All metal is cheesy dude. Whether you're signing about Satan or not. This thread is about the CHEESE KINGS though!!!

Dream Evil were already cheesy when they began, but are now "full cheese" since the last couple albums. Just check what are the guys names now... But it's good cheese and I enjoy them...

I don't agree with this because they don't take themselves seriously at all. If anything, they parody cheesy metal bands (not to say they are a joke-band or anything). I guess that's my subjective definition of cheese though.

Dio, RIP, could unleash some cheese with the best of them. He slayed a giant inflatable dragon on stage when I saw his Last In Line tour. Let us not forget the epic frommage of his early videos, stalking around with a sword as tall as he was, in the boots that strippers pay good bucks for.

Bal mother effing Sagoth, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

songtitle: The Dark Liege Of Chaos Is Unleashed At The Ensorcelled Shrine Of A'Zura Kai (The Splendour Of A Thousand Swords Gleaming Beneath The Blazon Of The Hyperborean Empire - Part II)

Absolutely. I love their cheeesiness.

And to make matters worse, they never did Part I! :lol:

Oh man.. I'm gonna have to find a way to convince my band to let me do a song like that..

"The Blood Legions of Aggarost Part II"

"Our story continues with the epic quest of Lord VonBlutshnieder and Lady Ravenswood as they ride corageously toward the Black Gate of the Demon Lord Golgathor..."

Fanmail piece #1:

"Dear band, where do I get the first and second parts of the story?"

Band's response:

"It's there. Right there."

Dio, RIP, could unleash some cheese with the best of them. He slayed a giant inflatable dragon on stage when I saw his Last In Line tour. Let us not forget the epic frommage of his early videos, stalking around with a sword as tall as he was, in the boots that strippers pay good bucks for.

I saw that tour - Dokken opened.

Dokken was slightly cheesy back then, but nothing to compare with the REAL contenders.

Saying Helloween is cheesy would be like saying Shakespear was cliche. Ditto for Malmsteen.

Geez - Manowar has it by a MILE, but I agree with earlier posts that ALL Power Metal is inherently cheesy to a point. The question is - can you pull it off with class and style? Hammerfall was a Gruyere/Parm/Gouda/Emmenthaller sandwich of Cheese, but they were also flawless in concert... so that was GOOD cheese.

I would have liked to see Dokken if only to see George Lynch back in the day. Rough Cutt opened for Dio when I saw him. I thought they did a good job and would turn out to have some success. That was not the last time I was incorrect.

manowar.jpg