WHIPLASH 18:30 – 19:30
TYGERS OF PAN TANG 17:25 – 18:10
KALAPACS 16:20 – 17:05
ADX 15:15 – 16:00
RAM 14:10 – 14:55
HEART OF CYGNUS 13:05 – 13:50
WHITE WIZZARD 12:00 – 12:45
Doors open: 11:00

ADX, Anacrusis, White Wizzard, Crystal Viper and Candlemass worth the whole festival, imagine the rest as bonus :headbang:

When did Fifth Angel get back together??!

I don't know about Fifth Angel in particular, but if you read about the Keep It True festival history, you'll find a lot of bands (and many from USA) that had regroup just to play there. It's a wicked festival indeed.

Well, I'm not going this year as the lineup isn't thát great for me.
Sad to miss White Wizzard and Obsession, but I'm not going to make the trip for 3 or 4 bands I really want to see...Some names for KIT 14 are already announced: Enforcer, Brocas Helm, Bitch, Metalucifer, Hellhound, Slauter Xstroyes, Saracen, Damien Thorne and Death Dealer.

I'm gonna stick with Headbangers Open Air this year, that's an awesome lineup !!

flyer.jpg

l_33d51b1922794b56b988c7156fae271b.jpg

Gotta say I'm not too familiar with most of these bands... only VR, Satan, Slauter Xstroyes and Enforcer really. Of course you have to consider this is still missing both headliners. And the fact that I'm a mainstream-loving poser. :cool:

That VR show could be pretty cool, assuming they don't self-destruct again in the next 12 months.

Hunting for tickets already !!!!
Some great bands there and 2 headliners to be announced !!

Missed out KIT 13 last weekend. Heard there was a new band playing
called "Cancelmass" :)
Well , as White Wizzard also canceled (one of the members is in
hospital) it just wasn't interesting enough. Just hope someone
shot a video of Kate of Acid doing a song during the "suprise" show.

edit; someone did :

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed out KIT 13 last weekend. Heard there was a new band playing
called "Cancelmass" :)

Ha, yeah, I read Robert Lowe actually was there but the rest of the band refused to come from Sweden as they were afraid they couldn't make it back to their day jobs by Monday. :lol:
Their flights were not even cancelled as far I understand. How lame is that...

Yeah. I was there and just when I arrived to Konigshofen I saw Robert Lowe and talked a little bit to him. He was so disappointed too because of the Cancelmass stuff. He wasn´t guilty at all. Had to travel since Texas in the other side of the world just for hearing that their bandmates didn´t go to play ´cause they didn´t know if they could fly back to Sweden and work on monday. Come on guys! Everyone there had to work on monday but we were at KIT.

In spite of Cancelmass, one of the best KIT I´ve ever been. Not talking about every band but my highlights were:

ANACRUSIS: Best show in KIT ever. Best show of the year. One of the best in my life. 15 years without playing together and they were superb.

FIFTH ANGEL: I expected nothing because they were without Ted Pilot, Ken Mary and James Byrd and it was overwhelming. Heir Apparent singer was fantastic and Fifth Angel sounded much heavier than on records but with the same feelings.

WATCHTOWER: What a crazy bunch of guys but how funny and how well they play. Amazing show mixing both albums and a new song.

HEART OF CYGNUS: They didn´t fit on KIT ´cause, for me, they are a kind of Mastodon meets Rush but the atmosphere they created was unbelievable.

OBSESSION: Vescera = God. Excellent set list, not only full of classics but with a lot of sons from overlooked and underrated "Carnival of lies"

Disappointings: CRYSTAL VIPER and the homage to Midnight (a shame)

By the way, the guys from ACID how old they look like!! :zombie:

So sad about Candlemass (and White Wizzard), damn ugly that some quality musicians still have to struggle with day jobs instead of making money with their work :(

I'm gona shit my pants wiht XIV roster (providing no cancellations):

Satan! :headbang:
Ostrogoth :worship:
Metalucifer (I hope it's the Japanese line-up, not the German)
Enforcer
Saracen
Vicous Rumors (would be neat to check the tribute to Carl)

OK, I'm really gonna give this one a deep thought. Which will be the best airport to reach you?

If Wyv and TDD are coming then I'm coming too! :worship:

The nearest major airport is Frankfurt in Germany, it's about 150km from KIT. It's one of the largest in Europe with plenty of traffic from the across the Atlantic.

Awesome :headbang: I have some research & planning ahead. I know this is probably covered somewhere but what/where is the nearest hotel?
There's probably no hope of getting a hotel within walking distance anymore but there might be something in the neighboring towns. I stayed in Tauberbischofheim which is about 10 km or 6 miles from Lauda-Königshofen when I attended in 2008. Check out http://www.booking.com/ .