KIT XIII

Wyvern, the airport easiest for me would be Zaventem (Brussels, Belgium), or possibly Eindhoven, Netherlands (never been there though). Also possible is Charleroi (Belgium).
@TDD I'll check for some hotels nearby this evening. It's good to reserve early to get a hotel
nearby !

I´ve been in 4 different hotels in my KIT experience. Since Tauberbischofheim like Tsorl said to Wurzburg (the biggest city in the area, 35 km, 23 miles from Königshofen).

Personally, the best one has been the last one in Tauber. It´s called Hotel am Brenner (78 euroseach night double room, breakfast included).

Some friends of mine say that the best hotels are located in Bad Mergentheim (8 km from Königshofen) but I´ve never been there.

As far as I know there aren´t in Königshofen. Maybe some guests house (is it correct that name?).

It would be great a meeting overseas among UMOS forum people :headbang:

Gert, thanks for the info. Still a year way so that left me both time to review my finances and get a flight plan.

@ Tsorl:I knew about Frankfurt, but I want to drop by closer to Carnut if possible.

@ Marco: It will be great indeed to gather more of the UMOS European division ;)

Don't know much of the bands on here. MDF is way better then this and makes me mad that i'm not going like the rest of the GMD members.

a) If you don't know the bands, either you learn about them or stay out of the thread.
b) If you don't know the music then how can you say MDF is better? :Smug:
c) If you like so much the GMD...STAY THERE!

Consider this first and last warning.

Wyvern, the airport easiest for me would be Zaventem (Brussels, Belgium), or possibly Eindhoven, Netherlands (never been there though). Also possible is Charleroi (Belgium).
@TDD I'll check for some hotels nearby this evening. It's good to reserve early to get a hotel
nearby !

Wyvern I hope you will have the time to come by in Eindhoven. We could have a beer! I am seriously considering visiting this edition of KIT. To be able to kick it with Gert and Rolando is reason enough. And yea, there is some good music as well especially Slauter Xstroyes.

On the KIT 14 lineup, I see something cool. Malice and BITCH, both bands featured on the original Metal Massacre from Metal Blade Records. This is the same record that first brought us Metallica and Savatage in their demo form. Interesting...

The Metal Massacre albums were a guideline for me at that time, I bought as much albums I could get my hands on from the bands on those samplers. The Metal Massacre and US Metal albums contain dozens of my favorit bands of that era ...
off topic; I think I still owe you a Wolf DVD :oops:

on topic; you can pick the dvd up yourselve at KIT 14 too :p

@Hawk; even if you won't go to KIT, We'll drive by Eindhoven for sure !

OBSESSION: Vescera = God. Excellent set list, not only full of classics but with a lot of sons from overlooked and underrated "Carnival of lies"

Dam! I wish I saw that. Kind of a long way from california though, LOL. I just bought "Scarred For Life" cd & have been listening to "Palace Of Black" lately also. M.V. Great singer in IMHO

The Metal Massacre albums were a guideline for me at that time, I bought as much albums I could get my hands on from the bands on those samplers. The Metal Massacre and US Metal albums contain dozens of my favorit bands of that era ...
off topic; I think I still owe you a Wolf DVD :oops:

on topic; you can pick the dvd up yourselve at KIT 14 too :p

@Hawk; even if you won't go to KIT, We'll drive by Eindhoven for sure !

Same for me and all my friends, Gert! We used the first 3 or 4 Metal Massacres for guidelines, buying albums from other bands like Black N Blue, Pandemonium, Cirith Ungol, Armored Saint, Warlord, Slayer and many more.

I'll PM you my address so you can send that Wolf DVD as flying to Europe for KIT is out of the question for me both physically and financially!

I paid a visit to the KIT forum after the Sanctuary announcement and looks like they're not one of next years headliners. Both have been decided well before Mr. Weinsheimer heard about Sanctuary.

Agent Steel and Crimson Glory would be glorious indeed but let's see...

OK, Crimson Glory confirmed! :headbang:

Now how the hell do I order tickets without a German bank account...

You can order tickets via Paypal and you don´t need a german bank account. First time I went to KIT I did it that way and Olli sent tickets to my home in less than a week.

You can order tickets via Paypal and you don´t need a german bank account. First time I went to KIT I did it that way and Olli sent tickets to my home in less than a week.
Yeah, I got tickets for 2008 by email too. They've set up an online store after that and it looks you have to be pretty German to get anything out of there.

Anyway, I ended up sending an email to the promoters, hope they haven't sold out yet...

as expected;

+ AGENT STEEL with John Cyriis !!

20100608kit14v7preview.jpg