KIUAS - LUSTDRIVEN 31.3.2010

Got Lustdriven yesterday and after quite a lot of spins I've ascertained that it is yet another great album by Kiuas, these guys can do no wrong. It pains me to notice how the madly thrashing folky side of Kiuas is being left out more and more with every new album. I will not say that Lustdriven is on par with The Spirit of Ukko. I will, however, state that it is one hell of a metal album.

I actually LOVED Lustdriven even though the "folky" and black metaly side has greatly lessened (which were the things that drew me to them back in '05). Also it may be me getting old(-er) or Kiuas getting better but the choruses in the more-or-less filler songs have gotten significantly less annoying... Or it may be that that only The Quickening felt at all like a filler.

This is me nip picking once again. Candidate for album of the year! Actually enjoyed it more than the new Ihsahn.

What is this filler you speak of? Such words cannot be associated with any songs on any of Kiuas' albums.

I didn't mean to say that I didn't love Lustdriven, and I do agree that perhaps the choruses and vocal melodies in general are better on Lustdriven than the albums before it (though this might only sound as if it is so as Ilja has constantly improved as a singer). It's just that The Spirit of Ukko is nearly impossible to dethrone as the best Kiuas album because of its unstoppable riffage. Then again, the more I listen to Lustdriven the better it sounds. In my book it has already surpassed The New Dark Age, we'll see if Reformation is next.

Love the new album guys! I've only heard some tracks on youtube, but they sound fucking killer! I especially love "Summer's End" and "Winter's Sting;" epic as hell!!! As soon as this gets released in the States I'm buying my copy.

I like The Quickening.

Either way, I really enjoyed the album on first listening when my CD arrived 8-10 days ago, but I've just grown to love it, as I did other Kiuas albums.
One thing about Kiuas is they're very talented at their opening and closing tracks.
'The Spirit of Ukko' and 'And the North Star Cried' are a couple of my favourite tracks off TSoU, and so on with Reformation and The New Dark Age.
As in the past, Kiuas once again shone in their creation and selection of their first and last tracks, Kiuassault and especially Winter's Sting being very strong tracks.
I love the hell out of Of Lust, Love and Human Nature, The Visionary, Summer's End and Winter's Sting, and the others are great fun to listen to as well. I just hope one day I'll be able to see Kiuas live.

PS: Stand Undefeated, nice to see Skyfire in your sig- I don't know a lot of others (apart from the commentators on youtube vid) that listen to them.

01.- Kiuassault 10/10
02.- Cry Littel Angel 9/10
03.- Of Lust, Love & Human Nature 8.5/10
04.- The Aftermath 9/10
05.- Lights Are Many 8/10
06.- The Visionary 9/10
07.- Heart And Will 7/10
08.- The Quickenning 7.5/10
09.- Summer's End 9/10
10.- Winter's Sting 9.5/10

FUCKING EXCELLENT ALBUM!

Great to see you guys have got a proper headlining tour in the UK finally!

Gutted there's no Manchester date, was awesome last time you were there. Guess I'm gonna have to travel afar, but it'll be totally worth it I'm sure