KIUAS - LUSTDRIVEN 31.3.2010

Two things...

1. Is that an Engl Powerball I saw in the background of the video of Mikko talking about the new album?

2. The Visionary is awesome! It sounds like you guys have taken all the best aspects of previous albums and moulded something even better!

Sounds awesome, looks to be a solid effort from start to finish.

Though, I was hoping for more in your face fast paced shred songs like Warior Soul, Race With The Falcons, and of course The Spirit of Ukko.

Two things...

1. Is that an Engl Powerball I saw in the background of the video of Mikko talking about the new album?

Yes it is, my boyfriend has got the same :headbang: and the cabinet too :headbang::headbang: and a washburn guitar :headbang::headbang::headbang:... oh fuck now that I'm writing this down I think he's mad... :lol:

Markku why can't we add the songs Aftermath and The Visionary to our myspace ? that's unfair I want it on my page :loco: please :worship:

Winter's Sting is pretty much everything I love about Kiuas. I love it when you just mix all the elements together, and you do it so seamlessly that it doesn't seem like a mishmash of things. Acoustic guitars, blues solos, blastbeats, soaring choruses, orchestral shit, it's all there.

Quick review (after 3-4 listens)

1. Kiuassault - VERY good
2. Cry Little Angel - Like it
3. Of Love, Lust and Human Nature - VERY good
4. Aftermath - Like it
5. Lights Are Many - Indifferent (I can see this one growing on me)
6. The Visionary - VERY good
7. Heart and Will - Like it
8. The Quickening - Indifferent (Least favorite on the album)
9. Summer's End - VERY good
10. Winter's Sting - VERY good

8.5/10

I actually expected A LITTLE more... but with your favorite band, there has to be high standards.

Got Lustdriven yesterday and after quite a lot of spins I've ascertained that it is yet another great album by Kiuas, these guys can do no wrong. It pains me to notice how the madly thrashing folky side of Kiuas is being left out more and more with every new album. I will not say that Lustdriven is on par with The Spirit of Ukko. I will, however, state that it is one hell of a metal album.

I cannot wait to buy this album the second it hits US stores. Kiuas, you guys are incredible and give me inspiration in writing my own music daily.

My only wish is that you guys will come tour the USA some time. :cry: I would pay retarded amounts of money to see you live.

Thanks for blessing the metal world with your epic music! :worship:

KIUAS FOREVER! :kickass:

-George

I ordered Lustdriven album 2 days ago!Can't wait to have the cd in my hands!:headbang:
Btw I've listened the album on recordshopx.com,it's fuckin awesome!Great job Kiuas!You don't fail a song!
Hope to see you play in Milan again!
:headbang::kickass:

The album gets better with every listen. Can't go a day without listening to the album.

I felt that way with all of their albums.
I haven't actually listened to Lustdriven yet- I preordered it a couple of weeks ago (the shirt+cd deal, off the myspace page), but when temptation eventually gets the better of me (and believe me, it's been tough resisting) I'll download it and replace it with the higher quality files straight off the CD when it arrives.

I gotta say though, I've listened to The Visionary countless times, and love a couple of the ~15second demos I heard on the youtube videos.