KIUAS, NOVEMBERS DOOM, PERZONAL WAR: First Announced Bands for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

No, I have not. Perhaps I should add "foul smell" to my list of why I never will! ;)

Absolutely not.
It's a good time! You really need to go with us this year! The good times and great music vastly overpower the fact that a few attendees don't know how to bathe.
Think of it as the "Woodstock" of Prog Metal, without the drugs...well, at least the openly available drugs, naked mud slide and the public sex.
In with the Love, Man!

The Chicago Powerfest after-party two years ago could have been a Woodstock re-enactment in the Hallway of the Super 8. Ha Ha!
We had a couple of acoustic guitars, a ton of drunk people and one guy with no pants. Ha Ha!

Annnnnyway, back on topic....

I haven't had a chance to do more research on the as-of announced bands in which I am not familiar.
That is my homework for the weekend.
Anyone else?

And for the record....I showered today, so I guess I'll have to think of a more feasible and hygenic "Strike plan".

You better shower before CPF or no Pizza for you!

HEREBY SPOKEN FROM 'pizza guy' NOW TO BE KNOWN AS THE PIZZA NAZI!!! :kickass:

Pfft!
I herey declare that I am sending my Gnomes to do my bidding....and steal me some of that pizza. ;)

I'm sure we will discuss as the date gets closer, but are we doing a "Pizza Quest Friday" again?
Sorry I missed last year's.

It's a good time! You really need to go with us this year! The good times and great music vastly overpower the fact that a few attendees don't know how to bathe.

LOL... actually, I've never really run into too many dirty, smelly metalheads there, but last year at Powerfest, there WAS a very dirty, smelly metalhead. I shook the guy's hand and got a f***ing RASH! Disgusting! No, the only smelliness I've noticed at ProgPower is when, down on the floor, someone ALWAYS has to let loose a vile, toxic fart that could kill vegetation. And you KNOW that room isn't well-ventilated. :(

And for the record....I showered today, so I guess I'll have to think of a more feasible and hygenic "Strike plan".

You could always threaten to withhold your witty comments, thus making the forum boring until the next announcement!

I'm sure we will discuss as the date gets closer, but are we doing a "Pizza Quest Friday" again?
Sorry I missed last year's.

Meh... Only three people (including myself) showed up last year. I'd be interested in going, but I'm not going to try to help coordinate anything this year.

The Wicked One said:
HEREBY SPOKEN FROM 'pizza guy' NOW TO BE KNOWN AS THE PIZZA NAZI!!!

Do the pepperonis look like swastikas? :lol:

Absolutely not.
Think of it as the "Woodstock" of Prog Metal, without the drugs...well, at least the openly available drugs, naked mud slide and the public sex.
In with the Love, Man!

I feel like a broken record every year, haha. PP really isn't my thing. Every year there's maybe one or two acts I'd like to see, which never justifies the massive expense. That fest doesn't need my money and I'd much rather support a local fest that continues to grow. :)

The Chicago Powerfest after-party two years ago could have been a Woodstock re-enactment in the Hallway of the Super 8. Ha Ha!
We had a couple of acoustic guitars, a ton of drunk people and one guy with no pants. Ha Ha!
That was freakin' legendary.

I haven't had a chance to do more research on the as-of announced bands in which I am not familiar.
That is my homework for the weekend.
Anyone else?
That's right. There'll be a quiz on Monday! I've done quite a bit of homework, but have not picked up any discs yet. :Smug: Stupid budget.

*claps* Whew! Now I can rest easy. Perhaps you can threaten to wear pink every day until the next announcement. Teehee!

That was freakin' legendary.

And illegal from what I've heard. :saint:

S3000062.jpg

S3000061.jpg

^ And a "bump" for the pizza guys. :loco:

That's right. There'll be a quiz on Monday! I've done quite a bit of homework, but have not picked up any discs yet. :Smug: Stupid budget.

I hear ya.
And when it rains, it pours!

*claps* Whew! Now I can rest easy. Perhaps you can threaten to wear pink every day until the next announcement. Teehee!

And maybe I could cut my hair and start listening to Hip Hop. Ha Ha!
Uhm...no.
;)