Known albums recorded with Rectifiers?

I think that Nickelback uses Rectos.

Yes, along with a bunch of other shit. Read somewhere a couple of years ago that they actually used rectos along with some other amps, each one on a different studio room, split signal, etc., and blended to taste.

Dream Theater's Train of Thought is a Dual Rectifier Road King (the original Road King, not the updated Road King II), so the cleans aren't very good on this album IMO, but the rhythm and lead tones are pretty representative of the recto tone.

i think i read somewhere that Tesseract's first EP was a dual rec...

i would say The Gathering/First Strike Still Deadly from Testament is very representative of the recto tone

Reviving an older thread; but here's some more to add

Living Sacrifice - Reborn (track of Dual Rec and a track of Marshall VS)
Embodyment - "Halo of Winter" off of This is Solid State Vol. 1
Thrice - Artist in the Ambulance and the album before that
Cannibal Corpse - Bloodthirst, Kill, albums up until their latest
Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Sent By Ravens - Our Graceful Words

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

...with no pedals what so ever.

Yeah, you can really tell! It's got that 'woof'. I dig that for rock, it's so damn in your face, but for metal (and with anything other than EMG's, basically :lol:) it really needs a kick up the ass with something.

I use my dual rec in my covers band, so my tubescreamer is on/off depending on the song and, more importantly, what guitar I'm using. Two of my three guitars have EMG's so it's no problem whether it's boosted or not, but when I pick up my Charvel San Dimas (JB/59) it just flubs out.