Korn - Untouchables

Lord K

Busy pissing on you
May 2, 2002
www.theprojecthate.net
Just my humble ass opinions:

Korn - Untouchables

I´m the first to admit that I was completely blown away by these fuckers the first time I heard them. And that was pretty late as well, the first song I experienced was "Got the life" from "Follow the leader".
Naturally I bought the album right away. Yeah, i didn´t have a computer at the time so I couldn´t download the fucker first and see if it would be worth the money.

Anyways, it was.

That was some years ago now and in the meantime I´ve caught up with all of their releases, though I still just have the just mentioned album as a "real" cd. Say what? Downloading hurts the industry? Artists don´t get royalties? Well, it doesn´t hurt my wallet so fuck you.

I know my Korn. I love Korn, they are my favouriteband in the whole world.
Actually they are not as a matter of fact. But for some reason I will always like them in some way I guess. The problem with Korn though is that, and this I´ve thought all the time since I got the "Follow" album. There´s always too many songs, which results in the "fillers" dilemma.
When Korn are at their fucken best, they are really fucken good. And I mean that as in "Jenna Jameson-sucking-coyote" good. And that is fucken good. There you fucken go Perk, a few "fucken" just for you.

So what´s new this time then? Except for alot of talk about a "revelation in producing and recording" on this album. It´s stated that this album costed more than 666 dollars to record per minute or something and the sound would be something beyond the ordinary when it comes to albums. I have 2 well chosen word to use for a comment on that: FUCK, and, YOU.
That is a bullshit statement, there´s nothing revolutioning about this sound. And no, it has nothing to do with the album being downloaded as it´s qualityfiles, mind you wise-ass. I have listened to this album quite many times now (around one) and what comes to mind first is that the famous Korn bass-sound is not as present on this one I´m sad to say. That´s one of the things I always loved about them, their very unique bass-sound. So a first "fuck you Korn" for ruining that for me. What comes second to mind is that I can´t get over the fact that Detroit killed my Av´s in game 7. Fuck you Detroit, and all you Detroit-ans. I´ll never play your fucken piss-ant city when I become a rockstar.

Then we have the songs. Like they matter in a review...

I can start by saying that everything on this album sounds like slower, softer, melodic parts of the Korn we know. And some love. I for one always prefered the more heavy parts of them, but what I prefer means jack-shit actually.
" - Songs" you say? I say " - OK José, show me the way and make Legion more gay".

We have "Here to stay" which is the frequently spinned video.
Soil appearantly heard this track a few times too many while writing the chorus for "Halo" as it´s a ripoff. It might be the other way around. Or more like it, it might not. Becoz I just said it´s not, you guys don´t fucken ever learn, do you? I think it´s a decent track, actually one of the better ones, or less boring is a more accurate statement really. "Make believe" is as inspiring as a picnic with a christian monkey. "Blame" is running up as number 3. It has it´s moments, though they are as rare as the chances of Farlus actually getting laid. With a chick.
"Hollow life" holds an okay chorus if, you are deaf, the rest can suck my mousebiting coyote. Or at least pretty much of it, this track is actually okay, i just don´t feel like stating that.
If it´s Jonathan doing all the vocals in this track, finally the ass-penetrating by his father/pet/washingmachine or whatever did the trick. He sounds like a chick at times. With that in mind, "Bottled up inside" makes a fucken funny title, hahaha... I so rule, I am so witty. This track is not. Sure, it sounds like anything Korn did on "Issues". That´s that. And that is not my fave Korn album you know. Or, you do now. "Thoughtless" is the same crap. Mellow, quite boring and right said Fred. Now my fave track on this album comes up. "Hating", ofcourse it´s titled something with "hate", everything is, and you know what I told you about that in the hatesphere review... This is for sure the albums best track, it holds a riff in the bridge/chorus that is so much Korn it´s silly. These riffs I love. Korn are worldchampions at this. "One more time" is utter shite. This will probably be the next video. Fuck you Korn, again. "Alone I break", whatever... some cool shit, some not so cool. Pretty much as with the whole album, but let´s not jump the gun just yet. "Beat it upright" then... Well, it sounds like anything else in here, but this time it´s not even a good chorus, which usually is the strong part of Korn.
Beat it upright? Yes please. "Wake up hate" is another one I´d like to shove down their thraots. Fucken Nine Inch Nails influenced bullshit. "I´m hiding"... well, after "Wake up hate" I am the fucken one hiding. Not one of the crappiest tracks though nothing I´ll use as a proposalgift for a girl. It´s decent, nothing more. Finally the last fucken track. "Noone´s there". Well howdyfuckenho, that´s not too weird as we have had to listen to this bullshit. This track I like though. It´s all moody goody shit. A good ending for this crap.

I get faith No More vibes from Korn at times, I guess that´s good for something. To sum this bullshit up, I think Korn has kinda lost their touch a bit, it get´s obvious with this album. "Issues" were so-so, this one is so-so-so...

Numbers are fun, i shoul dstart to review on a scale from 1-666 one day, but not now, they´ll have to stick with the usual 1-10 shite.

Tops a 4 out of 10, I still try to believe I really like Korn. But if they continue like this not even myself will fall for that.

Lord K - Korn

666 - 4

Cool review personally i think the album is shit the only korn albumi think is any good is Korn korn

and does that make you happy? Does pushing down other people bands kind of a hobbie for you? Why don't you shut up? Would you like people to say shit about your bands?

I'm not a BIG Korn admirer, I enjoy their music very much and that's all, but i dont like when people say... X Sucks... it makes them sound 12 years old Limp Bizkit fans... and that's not "kewl".

Korn continues to progress down a path they set for themselves with the release of Follow the Leader. They were on to something new and different on the first album, the second album showed promise, but since then they have stagnated. If they are not careful they will sink along with the rest of the nu-metalers. Trust me, this will happen. If Korn doesn't start to innovate a little more, they will fizzle out. We all know nu-metal is just a passing fad, and to stay alive bands will have to stay ahead of the pack. Deftones are a good example of this. They chose to progress instead of stagnate.

Can't reall say something about Deftones since im not a fan... well, im not fond of rap! But i think it's true, Korn are way too much entwined with their pop star status and since Follow... have not tried something inovative... cant say i blame them... inovative is not always profitable. I cant wait for the Nu trend to fade but then, most likely MTV will dig up shittier things.

Deftones have nothing to do with rap. They have chosen to create darker more emotive music on their latest release (White Pony). They aren't anything that a typical metal fan would enjoy on a regular basis, but in my opnion they have nothing to do with nu-metal. They are on more of a level with A Perfect Circle.

I heard at least 4 Deftones songs, which may be songs to "sell" to the masses... like Back to School which has nu-metal all over (rap! that's rap) and i remember another one where the singer (Chi?) wears a weird looking glasses and always made me change the channel. They dont match a Perfetc Circle IMO, they are way below.

Yeah, fuck Korn and Fuck the AVs... how's that?

Seriously though, the only Korn I like is the one where I'm pulling the lever and seeing the peices flush down with the rest of the shit. :lol:

As for talking hockey...

The Avs? Screw the Avs. They suck. Patrick Bwahahaha and Game 7 vs Detroit was AWESOME. So many cheesy goals! God Patty deserved that!

:devil:

Fuck Detriot, who like the Rangers paid to buy the cup, but unlike the Rangers in actually purchasing it.

:D

You are bashing my fucken team you bastard?
Damn, damn, damn...

Roy was a fluke in game 7. All goalies have better or worse days at some time, it´s just a fucken shame it happened in the 7th game.

Fuck, it next season is the Av´s again. As long as Peter is not injured.

*is a Colorado Avalanche fan*

Roy is getting old. As much as I hate to say it, he had no excuse for letting 6 goals in Game 7. I thought he was gonna rebound like the playoff season before but he didnt. I bet hes gonna retire this season or the next. And I also believe next Season is owned by the Avs. And Peter wont get injured, hes a tough guy, lol. REmember when his helmet visor was slammed down on his face and he had that nasty cut on his nose? That didnt stop him.

Jotun is my friend, hahaha...
Funny how people actually started talking hockey as hoped for.
I hear ya with Forsberg man, I think he´s had his fair share of injuries, let´s just hope it won´t happen again.
You gotta lova a guy that comes directly into the playoffs without having played a single game in a year, and then completely dominates the whole fucken thing.

Peter Forsberg is, excuse the word, god.

Yeah, Korn sucks and I'm bashing your team! :lol:

Excuse me, but the Av's will have to beat the Sharks again next season, which probably won't happen. They got a lucky call or two and a few bounces their way...

If you remember the last time we met them we took them to 7 games, the time before that only 5... the NEXT time they don't have a chance.

heh

I'll get really flamed for it, but yeah, SJ SHARKS ALL THE WAY! :p

Fucken Sharks?
Oh hell.... didn´t they get rid of Nolan now? Then they are more fucked than ever with the next season.
I can´t see the Sharks beating Av´s as long as they don´t sign a few starplayers. Excuse me but, hahahaha, Selanne isn´t exactly doing much.

Fucken Xenophobe. I just until recently liked you, hahaha...