KPR's Early Song From Each Album Ranking

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
K

King Purple Rainbow

This may or may not change...we shall see...

ORCHID

Without a doubt, "In Mist She Was Standing." You can actually see the Valkyries flying in the sky, riders in black with corpsepaint galloping in the frost covered forest. This song will always be on my best of list.

MORNINGRISE

"To Bid You Farewell." Beautiful...absolutely beautiful. Very rarely do I hear an acoustic song with such emotion and epic grandeur. A masterpiece.

MY ARMS, YOUR HEARSE

It's a tie between the opening song, "April Ethereal" and the closer "Epilogue." Both songs are better than some entire CD's by other bands! It's hard to describe...the riffs just creep into my soul.

STILL LIFE

I've always liked the acoustic tracks "Benigned" and "Face Of Melinda." They're so sorrowful...great stuff.

BLACKWATER PARK

A tie between "Harvest" and "The Drapery Falls." They have that haunting quality that I love in Opeth. Classics.

Well it's unfair for me to name my favourite songs from all the albums since i haven't heard all the songs from each album, but i will name my favourites from the songs i've heard on the albums i don't have.

First off, albums i DO have.

-My Arms, Your Hearse-
I would say Madrigal merged with The Amen Corner, you can't listen to Amen without listening to Madrigal first.
I would say the usual. It has kick-ass riffs, solos blah blah blah, but that's pretty much the same for most, if not, all Opeth songs, so i'll spare it and just say it kicks ass more than the others on the album.

-Blackwater Park-
It's a toss up between The Funeral Portrait and the title track, but i think Blackwater Park just sneaks in front... no, actually... yes... no... it's too hard to decide! They both have awesome riffs and solos and lyrics and they're both just incrdible. If i HAD to chose one, i guess it's be The Funeral Portrait because it's so... i dunno how to describe it... it just kicks ass.

Now for the albums i DON'T have

-Orchid-
Songs i've heard: In The Mist She Was Standing, Forest Of October
Favourite: Forest of October, by a whisker. I just like it more, ok?

-Morningrise-
Songs i've heard: Black Rose Immortal, Advent
Favourite: Black Rose Immortal. Does this need explaining, really?

-Still Life-
Songs i've heard: Face of Melinda, Benighted
Favourite: Face of Melinda (see Black Rose Immortal)

So there's my half-assed list of fav songs from each album, even the ones i don't have. :rolleyes: ;)

Hey, you gave it a shot...and it's a good ranking!

Orchid - The Twilight Is My Robe
Morningrise - Advent
My Arms, Your Hearse - April Ethereal
Still Life - Serenity Painted Death
Blackwater Park - Bleak

Okay, I'll join in now. This is tough.

Orchid: Silhouette - just edges it from Forest Of October and The Apostle In Triumph. I don't know why, I just enjoy it more at the moment. This changes regularly, but usually it is one of these three.

Morningrise: Black Rose Immortal - *yawn* :zzz:

My Arms, Your Hearse: I don't have one - no really, all the songs are great and not one of them stands out.

Still Life: Face of Melinda - oh the sadness... :cry: :cry:

Blackwater Park: Bleak - the beginning (up to the clean-vocalled part) is just fantastic. This also changes regularly, usually with Blackwater Park or The Drapery Falls.

windmill.gif

Orchid- Forest of October
Morningrise- Black Rose Immortal
MAYH- Demon of the Fall
Still Life- White Cluster
Blackwater Park- Blackwater Park

Originally posted by Id
Orchid - The Twilight is My Robe followed closely by ITMSWS
IMSWS that is... ;)

My ranking:
- Orchid: In Mist She Was Standing
- Morningrise: Black Rose Immortal (close tie with Advent, The Night And..., Nectar & TBYF... :rolleyes: )
- MAYH: Epilogue
- Still Life: White Cluster
- BWP: Bleak