Krank amps

If I was going to go for a another head id go go either a Peavey 6505/5150 or ENGL Savage120. Ive kinda gone off Krank from a sea of bad reviews etc :\ I was obsessed with them when I heard doomsday machine then Nevermore's stuff...I thought that was all Krank and that would be the way forward in future :erk:

If I was going to go for a another head id go go either a Peavey 6505/5150 or ENGL Savage120. Ive kinda gone off Krank from a sea of bad reviews etc :\ I was obsessed with them when I heard doomsday machine then Nevermore's stuff...I thought that was all Krank and that would be the way forward in future :erk:
so have you ever played a Rev1 or Stein?

not my band but my good friends for a long long time.

that pic that you asking about is a customzied ibanez 7 string. it was literally repainted, new neck everything. i believe it was like an rg 7321 or something like that from like 1998 or so and my friend bryan took it apart and made it for jesse, one of the guitarists from emmure.

jesse now plays an rg 1527 as well with emg 707s (like in his white ibanez) after seeing mine :) and liking the feel.

so yeah it's not my band but zuess produced the album and i pretty much know all about the production aspect i was at a couple of the tracking sessiosns and speak to those guys on a regular basis being that they are on tour. the gutiar sound def stands out. the drums are also all natural by the way ZERO triggering or sampling.

Indeed, however people on this forum have a good knowledge of whats good and whats not, however saying that some people like the Krank and im sure they know what their on about too. Cant harm anybody to try them. But a majority of opinion does strike a chord in your mind no matter what anybody says :p Even if you dont want to believe it.

why not just buy all the amps thats what im doing fuck it there cant be that many currently on my wish list engl, mesa, vht, peavey, framus, bogner, diezel, splawn, laney, soldano, krank, ect :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or try a Carvin Legacy. I'm too poor to buy these amps, but I am definately saving up for the eVh 5150III. I really need that 3rd channel, lol.

i think andy is the only person in the world that has figured out how to make the krank amps sound good. and maybe zuess on the emmure record.

i believe andy usually blends it with a mesa (ae, nevermore) or a 5150 (chimaira) and i got that feelign after my friend was recording a band so i went to check out the amp for myself and played on it with my gutiar for like 45 minutes and didn't think it was all that hot. for raw metal stuff ill stick to my road king in the classic dual rectifier mode (100 w 6l6 diode)

it also says a lot about an amp when all its endorsees come and go because of public relations. i thought it was pretty weak how half of the old krank endorsees left after their maine AR guy went to randall. even aside from that like i said the amp is ok but i feel by itself it's not too hot.

it also says a lot about an amp when all its endorsees come and go because of public relations. i thought it was pretty weak how half of the old krank endorsees left after their maine AR guy went to randall. even aside from that like i said the amp is ok but i feel by itself it's not too hot.

Well that's just PR. Krank made a statement about that incident on their myspace blog, you all should go and read it! I myself am a Krank endorsee and all I have to say that they are very friendly, professional and a fair bunch of people. And the amps fucking rule! :worship:

Different subject: How do you guys set up your EQ? The only bad thing about Kranks is that they push a shitload of bass. I use a tubescreamer to tighten the sound. I've also thought about getting a Bad Monkey.

Put your sweep up around noon and but the bass on about 3:00 or so. See if that helps get the bass where you want it.

I played a Krankenstein once through a Different Power amp and it sounded much better than the head itself. I personally think the gain is not good for shredding. It is a bit buzzsaw sounding at times. I think its probably great for recording or through a live sound maybe mixed with other amps.

Definately sounded better through a Mesa with V30's than the Krank Cab.

Oh, and its much better fronted with an overdrive pedal, anything from a Boss SD-1 to a TS9, OD808 etc.

Right... today I got to try all the krank amps through their respective cabs and here’s what I think. Chadwick was pretty cool. Did that Sabbath thing and nailed some old school rock tones but still had that krank edge (I still prefer Marshall)... I think it’s called an RR1?? But yeah it’s a prototype (so said the sales guy). Sounded fat and pretty similar to the new 5150MK3 from what I remember for metal shit but not as harmonically rich. Now here’s where things get ugly. The guitar used was a shitty Dean V non USA made but it was loaded with a Bareknuckle miracle man (I have said in the past that my ceramic Warpig was overrated and crap but this pickup is a beast). So being a massive dime fan I just had to plug into the krankenstein and within 3 seconds of tweaking and blasting it I decided that I am definitely selling that Powerball and get myself one of these. It really nails that abrasive Pantera grind and to be honest I’ve heard and played on fatter amps (mesa rack setup tubescreamed etc) but in a mix I think the krank has the potential to sound awesome, it sounds pure heavy as shit with loads of harmonics in the room and a huge cutting, tear your face off grind. I had the sweep on like 2-3/10 and I think this control can make or break the sound on that amp anything above that setting was way too top heavy and thin for my liking, think I had the mids around 6-7 treble around 6 and bass 5-6 and gain around 6. Anyways the amp fucking slayed through it’s matching cab. Now onto the rev 1. I weren’t that impressed. It sounded like a toned down thinner krankenstein with less grind and a slightly rockier tone. Might work for non Pantera fans but for disciples of the dime (well at least for me) I’m sold on the krankenstein... OK review over I need sleep. (Btw tried the ENGL Invader... it’s laughably shit.)

Honestly? In spite of the fact that Andy and James have both gotten great results from them, I think they are crap. I would never buy one. I think a Peavey XXX absolutely KILLS any Krank amp. Hell, I even like the tone of a Randall Cyclone better. I've coaxed better tone out of a Marshall Mode 4 once. Seriously...

If Krank gave me a Rev 1 or Krankenstein though, I'd consider using it. :)