Krank Rev into Mesa OS (Metaljonesy AILD Cover)

NO CHOAK WTF M8????

Sounds great GH. I love my Jr. but god damn do I want a fucking full size.

~006

From what I have read the models called "Revolution 1" had the Choke and when they went to the "Rev1" they swapped to a resistor instead of the choke. The Choke is mounted next to the Power Supply Transformer so it is easy to see if it is there or not. It is very close to the grill on the front of the amp and obscures the view of the Left (looking from front) Powertube.

006, I would assume that the Jr sounds similar to the big brother although from some Jr settings I have seen posted the Sweep settings are quite different. I only use the Sweep between 3 and 5 (extremes) on mine but usually around 3.5 to 4.

did you have anything infront of the krank dude? as im thinking about dialing in the same eq settings then reamping and adjusting the sweep to match roughly the tone you got, then i can work out the sweep control in relation to the eq id tend to use (similar to what you have dialed in)

I wanted to test my 6505 after I replaced the screen resistors so thought I would do this song again. Anyway, here are 2 samples for anyone interested to compare to the Krank version. One is the Rhythm channel and one is the Lead channel. Bear in mind that it is a different speaker in the cab, the humidity is higher and the wind is blowing from the West. :p

Rhythm
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?odyydzmdtz4

Lead
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qddjik2igtm

Guitars are RAW, didn't even cut the amp-hiss at the start.

wow, 4 on the sweep knob? that's a lot! Mine is never above 3. I really think it starts to sound thin otherwise. On the other hand my pres is around 4-5.

And for the master... I really think the rev starts to open up at around 3-4 to get a really cool barky sound. but thats just my opinion!

YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNN, smooth 6505 on its own = narcolepsy for me! :heh: There's just no bark or aggression, I say stick with the Krank and never look back!