Krank Revo Jr questions !

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
Just read the thread with the Revo Jr samples, I really dig the tone !

I wondered what's the difference between Krank Rev Jr and Krank Rev Jr PRO (this one is more expensive) ?
Is that 20W amp loud enough for recording ? (I guess yes)
Tone-wise, how does it compare to his brother Krank Revolution ?
Any samples with tubescreamer available ?

For $50US more you get footswitchable channels and dedicated channel volumes basically with the PRO, the Standard has the gain knob for the krank channel doubling as the kleen channel's volume knob. The 20w is plenty loud enough to play with a loud ass drummer, let alone for recording. Running my Standard into my Mesa 4x12...holy crap that little amp is loud as fuck man. The Standard sounds extremely similar to the Rev1, the PRO is suppose to be like a Rev+.

~006

I think, one of the mainly reasons is the Klean Chanel. If you use it a lot...go for the Pro one

Yeah, if you plan on using it live or you just want the option of channel switching, get the Pro...if it's just for recording, the Standard will work just fine.

~006

I'm with you Sly - I want one really bad as well!

I'm more into using a dedicated clean amp like a Fender for my clean tones, so I will probably buy the regular version.

-Joe

I'm gassing for one too, I really liked my Tiny Terror, but it wasn't versatile enough for me. Thing is, I'm more into organic tones and adjusting the gain with the volume pot on my guitar, and I also play a lot of clean (I play in a post-rock band). Do you think the Rev Jr. could pull those off? Some clips to prove it would be really appreciated! I'm thinking the Egnater Rebel can probably nail all that stuff, but I haven't seen them around here yet. I tried the old basic Rev Jr. and it was really tight, and it felt weird playing with it. I've heard the new Rev+'s are a lot more organic and the Rev jr. pro is more like the Rev+.

the kleen channel on the krank sounds pretty decent...it also produces a great bluest tone when pushed to the point of overdriving

alas, i don't give a shit about any of that - i love it because people come over and look at my "little" amp, then get their faces peeled off when i turn it up

more than a couple heads have gone :OMG: after hearing it

I am pretty sure the latest models coming out are 50W. There is some info on the krank forum about it from the Krank Tech. Weed through the bullshit (numbness) of the majority of the forum though, it is pretty backward there sometimes. :lol:

I'm also interested in hearing samples of the krank jr...
I'm having trouble with the forum's search option because of the two letter words restriction. I'm trying with google but nothing came up...I'm gonna try again, but if anyone has a specific thread in mind please post a link. Thanks.

Actually I can get the pro cheaper if I go for a black grilled scratch n dent from musiciansfriend. Might have to go that route if they still have them when I gets me monies!

yea man, i wanted to get the pro, but the chrome-faced standard was scratch & dent on MF for $380, so i couldn't pass it up

you should totally pull the trigger on that shit if you can

Oh I've got the page bookmarked and ready to go. Just waiting for my ebay items to get to their buyers so friggin paypal will release my funds. I need some of that money to pay bills, now too. :cry: USPS Parcel Post is slow as fuck.