Krank Revolution JR Halfstack loud enough for Bandlessons?

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey dudes :)

I have sold my Crate gt1200 halfstack. It was one of my stacks I did not like anymore for rythm guitars. Now I´m interested in this Krank Revolution JR piece with 1x12 box. I wanna use it just for Bandlessons/practicising. For gigs I´ll use Jvm/recti4x12.

What do you say? It is loud enough for Bandlessons? I like this Krank sound a lot and I would love to own it :kickass:

Hey Felix, if I was in your position I would pick up the 50 watt version that they just came out with!

-Joe

Yeah, thanks for the tipp, bro. I will check this 50 watt. I got 500 Euros for the crate piece, that was my stack for Bandlessons. I´m not only specific focussed on the Krank. Maybe you have some other recommendations for good amps 500 -700 Euros..I never played randall for example.

Yeah, thanks for the tipp, bro. I will check this 50 watt. I got 500 Euros for the crate piece, that was my stack for Bandlessons. I´m not only specific focussed on the Krank. Maybe you have some other recommendations for good amps 500 -700 Euros..I never played randall for example.

Hmmm...

I assume you are going for a different tone than the Marshall??

How about a Boogie Mark III?? I LOVED mine with vintage 30s. Great amp! Might have to search hard to get one around $700, but it's possible I think. Then again, I haven't been following the used market on those in a while.

-Joe

Oh woops, just saw that it will be for lessons/practicing! The Mark series still sound very good at low volumes. Thrash-tastic too! Lots of old thrash releases with that tone. I'm assuming most of the older recordings utilized G12-65 speakers, but the vintage 30s actually sound better to me.

-Joe

Oh woops, just saw that it will be for lessons/practicing! The Mark series still sound very good at low volumes. Thrash-tastic too! Lots of old thrash releases with that tone. I'm assuming most of the older recordings utilized G12-65 speakers, but the vintage 30s actually sound better to me.

-Joe

Yeah man, I made my bed for live playing. Marshall and Mesa4x12 is my dream :) I also want to equip my studio with a good Amp collection. It´s not false, when I own a Krank. The most important reason is the practicising with the band. You talk about the Boogie Mark 3..I will also check this in the Rockshop :headbang:

Yeah man, I made my bed for live playing. Marshall and Mesa4x12 is my dream :) I also want to equip my studio with a good Amp collection. It´s not false, when I own a Krank. The most important reason is the practicising with the band. You talk about the Boogie Mark 3..I will also check this in the Rockshop :headbang:

Felix, I'd say if you want something low wattage to jam at home with (with the Mesa 4x12) check out a Tiny Terror (with boost) or a Blackstar HT-5. I've heard some great Blackstar clips (very Marshall sounding) and owned a TT once and it was cool!

-Joe

Haha this tiny terror piece looks awesome :) I think, I will check this out, too. It´s important, that it has enough assertiveness. The Boogie Mark 3 is much too expensive. Maybe you get it for better prices in America. Thanks for your help, Joe!!

Alright, my turn - the Tiny Terror is amazing, it does the British bark WAY better than Marshall IMO, and the Rev. Jr. is amazing too, cuz of the awesome grind it has; Felix, since you already have the British flavor with the JVM, I'd say Rev Jr. without a doubt - the 20 watt version apparently can still get deafeningly loud, and as far as tone from all the clips I've heard it can totally run with its big brother!

Alright, my turn - the Tiny Terror is amazing, it does the British bark WAY better than Marshall IMO, and the Rev. Jr. is amazing too, cuz of the awesome grind it has; Felix, since you already have the British flavor with the JVM, I'd say Rev Jr. without a doubt - the 20 watt version apparently can still get deafeningly loud, and as far as tone from all the clips I've heard it can totally run with its big brother!

Gonna have to disagree with you here buddy...:saint:

While the Orange stuff in general does sound *British* it's still noticably different that the Marshall stuff. A lower mid emphasis, subsuded high end, etc.

The Marshall tone is what defines the British sound. While Orange is defnitely gaining more mainstream popularity in the past decade, the British sound in general is still defined by Marshall.

I do still really dig the Matamp and Orange sound though. They sound gigantic, but are still quite different from Marshall.

:)

-Joe

Well it's all strictly a matter of opinion, of course - I suppose I should rephrase by saying of the British sounding amps, I like the tone of Oranges much more than what I've heard of Marshalls :p (Swallow the Sun's "Hope" = BOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR)

Well it's all strictly a matter of opinion, of course - I suppose I should rephrase by saying of the British sounding amps, I like the tone of Oranges much more than what I've heard of Marshalls :p (Swallow the Sun's "Hope" = BOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR)

Fair enough! :kickass: Yep, that is some tasty tone! The song with what's his name from Katatonia is sooooooooooooooo good!

-Joe

Thanks for your help, dude :) I will check both amps. I discovered a good offer at Thomann.de for the Krank Jr. I will check this out!

Recently purchased mine, was able to jam with a friend who has a 5150 and the Rev Jr still wasn't past 11:00 volume.

I absolutely love the Rev Jr. Was more than what I was expecting from a 20w (which most DEFINITELY gets house shaking loud with a 4x12) and just that "Krankish" tone that I figured was sacrificed from the price and wattage.

I would recommend the buy :)