Krank...

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
...it fucken rules, brothers.

Literally it's damn near impossible to record a bad sound out of that puppy. My Krankenstein loves the microphone like my girlfriend likes shopping, it just doesn't fucken stop.

When you play a power chord out of that fucker, it just fucken distorts so god damn nicely.

What I dont understand though is that in the room it doesn't sound as great as 5150...yet under the mic it just blows everything away IMO.

Anyway, $0.02 spiel there, sorry if I wasted your time.

Anyone ever try those Krank pedals? I don't know how long they've been around, but I've been seeing advertisements in guitar magazines for a few months. Supposed to "Supply Krank tone" to any amp...hmmmmm

Anyone ever try those Krank pedals? I don't know how long they've been around, but I've been seeing advertisements in guitar magazines for a few months. Supposed to "Supply Krank tone" to any amp...hmmmmm

Hmm, I think you can get the same effect with a Metal Zone.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

J/K

~e.a

Genius

Post some samples dude. Sounds like you have some recorded. They don't have to be fancy, I'd like to hear RAW un-EQ'd tracks of the Krankenstein to compare with the tone I get out of my Revo. What cab you using, OD?

Grimace

As far as samples of the pedal, check out this page:

Wondertone Musical Instruments Pro Shop.

Bottom of the page, riffs 1, 2 and 3.

That Krank pedal is the worst thing I've ever heard. I borrowed one from a friend and when I realized that it completely destroyed the guitar tone, I used it to create the most terrible bass distortion ever (which actually was pretty sweet). If you use it for fucked up bass distortion, you're golden.

I back the Revolutions. Krankensteins are funny amps.

Before I got my Rev 1 I used a fender Twin amp diven with a krank Distortus Maximus. It sounded so good I got the rev 1. Before I tried this pedal, I didn't know anything about Krank. I thought it sounded like some backyard crap company which I had no desire to try. The guy at the music store told me I should try there pedal since I like a heavy tone. I fell in love with the pedal and then got the amp.

Genius

Post some samples dude. Sounds like you have some recorded. They don't have to be fancy, I'd like to hear RAW un-EQ'd tracks of the Krankenstein to compare with the tone I get out of my Revo. What cab you using, OD?

Grimace

These are the only samples I have up right now I think, sorry no dry tracks. I'll try to post some when I get a chance.

Krank alone

edit: these samples are through a Mesa cab...I think I used a TS9 on the second link but the first one was straight Krank. There is definitely some eq on both. Since then, I've been recording on the Mesa oversize cab. I don't know if there's something wrong with the regular Mesa but the oversize sounds hella better.

and this is along w/5150II.

Genius

Thanks for the samples dude. I have only listened to the "Krank alone" one as yet. I have gone over my download quota for the month and have been shaped/slowed to 64 kb/s from 1500 and it is F@CKING KILLING ME!!!!! It has taken at least 5 mins just to successfully get to this reply page. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :loco: :zombie: I will d/l the other sample after this. I must say that I like the RECORDED tone of the Krankenstein. I think it has the bit of bite/bark the Revo is missing. I love the sound of the palm mutes from 20 sec onwards, such a nice AGGRESSIVE tone.:headbang: I tried 2 'steins out on 3 different occasions in 2 different shops with Revolution, Laney, Line 6 and Mesa Cabs and "live" it just sounded a bit thin and buzzy and I was unimpressed. I preferred the Revolution "live" sound in both the Krank and Mesa cab over the 'stein. It is a much fuller and punchy sound to my ears. With a mic in front it is/seems a different story, it seems the 'stein has a more aggressive edge to it. Hmmm, maybe I should have got the 'stein after all.:erk: :heh: :loco: :zombie: :lol: :err:
Having said that, I just tried out the "Tube Screamer" sim from my GT-8 in front of the Revo tonight and was quite pleasantly surprised. I was after more bite/bark more than tightening up an already tight Krank :) , but both of the bite and tightening helped. I was/am looking at a Maxon OD808 (or 820, but $$$), but thought I would try out the GT-8's OD sims (and maybe the GNX3000 OD sims also) before laying out more $. It was only a quick test, but with satisfying results and with more tweaking might be what I am missing (tonewise anyway :heh: )

Enough rambling, nice tone :headbang: :kickass: Hopefully I can get this Revo breathing a bit more fire. Thanks again for replying and any raw samples would be cool.:headbang:

Cab/mic/pre/eq details? Cheers dude.

Roll on the 2nd Jan, back to full speed.

That Krank pedal is the worst thing I've ever heard. I borrowed one from a friend and when I realized that it completely destroyed the guitar tone, I used it to create the most terrible bass distortion ever (which actually was pretty sweet). If you use it for fucked up bass distortion, you're golden.

I back the Revolutions. Krankensteins are funny amps.

I've had good results with my Krank Pedal into a Peavey Tube Poweramp. Just needs some tweaking, and an OD in front of it.

Cab/mic/pre/eq details? Cheers dude.

Dude honestly I don't even know what kind of Mesa cab it is but it looks like this lol. I used a 57 into my emu1616. I can't recall exact eq. I know I used the C4 to take a huge chunk out of the lows and low mids. And I probably notched a little out around 800 and probably a lite boost somewhere up in the highs for more bite.

...ya i never even tried the Revo, just straight for Krankenstein. I saw so many of my fav bands with it, I said 'damn I need me one of these'...done deal