Kranks DON't work....

MetalJonesy

more metal, more booze!!!
(rev jrs anyway) for epic music, or music with depth and slow tempod stuff (ala. APC etc). been doing a cover for a course project at 132bpm and its just chords im playing in the heavy section, and the krank seriously dont hack it!!

its deffo designed in that department for the riffing and chugging. spent 3 hours in the studio today with 3 different mics and all sorts of positions with the cab in a dead room and i got no where. spent ages tweaking the amp in the control room too and have come to the conclusion its deffo caus it doesnt suit the song im doing!

heres the clip of the song, the heavy part is around the 2.16 mark

so far its layered 6 times to help it flow a bit better, each layer a different tone to get a more suttle drive

could have done with an Orange!!

gtrs are a bit loud on the 2nd clip accidently. the 2nd clip is one which has the same gtrs as the first, only just another layer ontop, with my krank recorded from over a mtr away from the cab to give a very even mid range open sound.

clip 1
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/369408/SSR SUNNA VOX GTRS DRUMS DIFF.mp3

clip 2
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/369408/krank cant do this.mp3

I wouldn't say the Krank *won't* work for this type of music, maybe it's just your preference, cab, speakers, guitar???

Are talking in terms of sustain or just general tone feel?

-Joe

These songs are in dire need of teh MARSHALL tone !

*and quadtracking... maybe the krank can stay for the chugg effect, but layer it over with some dirty, slobbing marshall :]

Your thread title is partially correct. I couldn't get anything really suitable with the Rev so I gave it a shot (with my just repaired 6505) and couldn't get anything either. Both were too tight, the Rev much moreso. Sorry dude.

I did have another go at your AILD cover with the 6505 though (thought I would give the 6505 another test and see if it had a shitfit again). Results are in the original "Krank Rev into Mesa OS" thread if you are interested.

yeah im just downloading those clips guitarhack.

and if youd like to reamp the tracks again through the orange your more than welcome, i sent you them originally, and they are still blended in as the tone you got helped strengthen my tone, so if you have the time that would be wicked:-D