Kreator/Accept tour (no Kittie)

Aug 14, 2008
I made this a seperate thread because the other one got so big and got really de-railed, sorry if that's not cool.

So either Kittie decided not to do that tour or Lambgoat was wrong (I'm guessing the former though), because it looks like the lineup has been revealed:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/05/09/kreator-to-tour-with-accept-swallow-the-sun-and-ringworm/

155465_406705312696543_106716599362084_1272383_2006492034_n.jpg

My personal thoughts:

Swallow The Sun is a band I've been a fan of for a few years and never saw them live. I'm honestly not a huge fan of their new CD though so I'm not all that stoked on seeing them. Ringworm on a real tour however is another story. I think this is a cool opportunity for them and hope this means they actually have long term plans for the band since the reunion. Real hardcore is coming back in a big way and I think that's really cool. Cool enough to actually make me want to go to this.

I saw Swallow the Sun when they toured with Orphaned Land and Katatonia.
STS to me has always been C level dark metal.
A solid band, but Novembers Doom, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Saturnus, Draconian, etc, etc all do it much better.

If I go to this show if it hits Chicago, I would definitely watch this set.

This tour should do quite well.

Agreed 100% except for the fact that I think "dark metal" is the dorkiest subgenre I've ever heard.

Glad Kittie is not on the bill and STS is. IMO Swallow The Sun is much better than a "C" level band. Hopefully this makes it to AZ but I'm not holding my breath.

How is Dark Metal dorky??????

It is a MUCH more appropriate genre tag than "Death / Doom" as a band like STS, etc, are neither DEATH nor DOOM.

Well, just my opinion, but of course Aeonic Slumber has been a raging metalhead for 5 minutes so he obviously has all the answers....

How is Dark Metal dorky??????

It is a MUCH more appropriate genre tag than "Death / Doom" as a band like STS, etc, are neither DEATH nor DOOM.

I don't think it's dorky, and I agree... there's a lot of mislabeling/sub-genre categorizing these days, it's annoying!

Well, just my opinion, but of course Aeonic Slumber has been a raging metalhead for 5 minutes so he obviously has all the answers....

Ah, if only you really knew...

Accept is not headlining??? Or it's a co-headline? In any ways, I think it's a kinda weird combo. I'm not too sure that the Accept fans are really into Kreator, and vice versa. As for me, I can say that I preferred the Accept/Sabaton line-up of last year...But that really sucks that I won't be able to attend the toru as I'll be away when the tour will play near my place...

Accept is not headlining??? Or it's a co-headline? In any ways, I think it's a kinda weird combo. I'm not too sure that the Accept fans are really into Kreator, and vice versa. As for me, I can say that I preferred the Accept/Sabaton line-up of last year...But that really sucks that I won't be able to attend the toru as I'll be away when the tour will play near my place...

Packages that "make no sense stylistically" are that booking agent's specialty. :lol:

If anything I'd like to see MORE tour packages pairing bands that aren't the same. And yes, it does make sense for Kreator to headline over Accept.

If anything I'd like to see MORE tour packages pairing bands that aren't the same. And yes, it does make sense for Kreator to headline over Accept.

Agreed 100%
I know people will get pissed at my comment here, but if you don't think these two bands are a good fit stylistically, then you probably just got into ACCEPT from them getting booked at Prog Power and are not familiar with their history.

Go listen to songs like Breaker or Fast As a Shark and tell me that a young Mille Petroza wasn't influenced by them.

I think this is a great and exciting pairing of bands that will bring people out to these shows for their first metal show in a long time.