L6T Files

lilhermiejobo

Mar 6, 2007
Is it possible to use a l6t file from a podxt pro on a pocket pod?
I dont have both so I cant try it and find out for myself...I know the xt series has the mic selection and distance feature and the pocket pod doesn't.
I'm thinking that a possible work around would be to set the distance to 0.
Basically my thinking is that if I disable any features or options that the pocket pod doesn't have, the patch/l6t should work.
Anyone know about this?

Nope, I don't think it works.

Your best bet would be to get a screenshot of the tone and start working from there.

Remember many of the models on the XT don't even exist on the 2.0 software. To my understanding, the only models they actually share are the L6 Modern Hi Gain and the L6 Treadplate.

I thought about the screenshot idea and figured that'd be a good fail safe.
I had a look at the manual for the pocket pod and compared the amps and cabs that both the pocket pod and the podxt pro share. In the end I went with the treadplate and 4x12 cab.
so the amp and cab are the same in both units (as far as I know) the only difference that I'm aware of is the air mic modeling feature....
Really, in the end the only way to find out is just to try it and see if he's able to load the tone I made.

Yeah...

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I've always been curious about how the gain boost functions on the Pocket POD work. I personally never use any high-gain patch on my POD without the Screamer stomp. Are the boost functions anything like this? How tweakable are they?

Sorry man, I wouldn't be able to answer that. I've got a podxt pro. I'm with you on that though... I always use a stomp in front of any high gain patch. I've never actually seen a pocket pod in person to be honest, I'm only trying to help a buddy out who has one and is looking for a good demo-ing tone.
By the way, I just found a bunch of your pod patches on custom tone and downloaded them... I'll try them out tonight. I was wondering what pickups you used while making your patches.