Labrynthia

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Can anyone here help me out with some information on this band, i know they are australian, and i KNOW ive heard about em before but i cant remember and its been driving me nuts!! (someone i know asked me about them thats why im asking!)

Please help if you can, i dont want to go crazier! :eek:

This is ex-Mortal Sin drummer Wayne Campbell's band fronted by a female singer called Genny (I think that's her name, anyway - nice girl!)...

They do melodic speed/thrash with lots of harmony guitars. Pretty cool and I think with a bit more work they could be something special but they're really only a new band.

They're just back in rehearsing now since Wayne got jumped by a couple of arabs outside a kebab shop and got put into hospital (Assholes! He got serious concussion and is still deaf in one ear!), so look out for them really soon! In fact, we were trying to get them on the bill with us when we play The Forest Inn next week (the 27th) - little plug! :)

LT saves Spawn's sanity again! (Almost! HAHA!)

Ahh timmy, YOU are a champion! :D
Wheres the forest inn at, and who are you playing with?

The Forest Inn is on the corner of Forest Road and Stoney Creek Road, Bexley.

We'll be on with our ex-bassist's band King Oath (kinda Van Halen meets Maiden meets Motley Crue stuff) and Strident who remind me of old Metallica - awesome bassist too! There should be a 3rd support but I dunno who yet...

Comin'? :)

I might leave my room for this one :) Depending on whether i can convince any of my friends to go of course, i need to get there somehow! ha!
Of course if i do go, you WILL play paradise, am i correct? :D

King Oath is quite a good name for a band, isn't it? Was it shortened from something like Far King Oath? :)

Sorry if that's not funny, I just woke up not half an hour ago!

Originally posted by Spiff
King Oath is quite a good name for a band, isn't it? Was it shortened from something like Far King Oath? :)

In fact, you're 100% correct - that's where it's from! :)

Spawn - do we really have to play Paradise??? Noooo! HAHAHA! We probably will... We'll see what the crowd is like...

If IM there you have to play it! haha :)
Ill let you know if im gonna be there :)

Originally posted by Lord Tim

In fact, you're 100% correct - that's where it's from! :)

Hmm... there I was trying to be funny, and it didn't work at all. I knew I shouldn't try to make a joke when a Metal God such as Lord Timmy is around. Sigh.

Oh, and Timmy, I was listening to "Resurrection" the other day, and the one band I continually thought of was Nocturnal Rites. Have you heard them, and if so, what do you think of them? I'm probably the only person in the world who sees some resemblance :)

Metal god? Are you sure you didn't get the order of the letters mixed up in 'god' at all? HAHA! Ah, Lysdexia! :)

I can't say I've heard a lot of Nocturnal Rites... If anything I think I've only heard one song briefly and if I remember right, I thought it was pretty good!

Is there anywhere I can check out some samples of them online?

Originally posted by Lord Tim, the Metal Dog
I can't say I've heard a lot of Nocturnal Rites... If anything I think I've only heard one song briefly and if I remember right, I thought it was pretty good!

Is there anywhere I can check out some samples of them online?

You can check out their official site - http://www.nocturnal-rites.com

One mp3, by the looks of things, and the rest of the stuff is in Real Audio.

I'm quite nervous now, because I'm afraid you'll say they sound nothing like you and make me feel like a right prat!

Hmmm.... Mr. Spiff, I've checked out the site in question and downloaded the alleged samples...

My official statement is as follows....

FUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!

This was NOT the band I was thinking of and I'm now cursing myself for only finding out about them now!

I can hear some Dungeon kind of influences in there (especially similar to some of the new album's material in fact!), but in spite of that they're still good! HAHAHA!

Kem - no, no friend called Garth... He has one called Gorgoroth! Does that help?

"Party on Wayne! Party on Gorgoroth!" HAHAHA! Hmmm... No, it doesn't....!