lack of shows....

Yeah, seems like they missed the wave around 2001 to 2008 or so when all the Swedish and Finnish bands were starting to tour here and make waves.

Eluvietie play the States more than most US bands do.

Eluviette is the headliner????? dang. I loved thier early stuff but the last few were not good. Once they lost the twins that band went downhill....even live.

My sentiments exactly in terms of their stuff going downhill. Not surprised they'd be the headliner though. If I remember correctly their last album did pretty well and they've toured a lot here, whereas Wintersun has not.

Depends what ya like. There are 2 MSG shows, 2 UFO shows, and Uriah Heep. Though for metal not too much.

Correction: 3 UFO shows. I was taking a look today, and I noticed they are playing HOB Nov 15, then go to Milwaukee on the 16th and then play the Arcada the 17th and 18th. I don't quite get that routing but whatever. I probably will go to one of these shows, I just don't know which one. Honestly, I think the show at HOB will be the better one as the Arcada (while closer) is just an odd venue. Also, is this a band that can have 3 chicagoland dates in such close proximity? I wouldn't think nowadays they would be this popular or if they were, why they just wouldn't upgrade to a bigger venue.

I don't know yet which UFO show I will be at. My interest in MSG has diminished now that Robin McAuley is no longer on board. Glad I went to the show in March.

Heep at Nellies is my top priority out of the classic rock gigs coming up.

I don't know yet which UFO show I will be at. My interest in MSG has diminished now that Robin McAuley is no longer on board. Glad I went to the show in March.

Heep at Nellies is my top priority out of the classic rock gigs coming up.

Agreed on the MSG. I don't think I'll be going to that. The singer he got kills it for me. Heep is gonna be last minute for me.

I feel like the fact that Eluveitie is headlining this tour makes it MORE likely that they'll mix in considerable older stuff (especially considering they're promoting a rerelease of it). Not that I care that much personally. I'll be at the Boston stop out of principle, though.