Lamb of God

I think Lamb of God is kickass . And Randy Blythe sounds a lot better than a lot of other metal screamheads who shall remain nameless...Ashes of the Wake is awesome ! When I'm pissed off and want to kill someone I put that on instead and I'm good :headbang:

"The eyes of the patriot , fixed through the scope
The unknowing tyrant walks to the rope..."

I really dig Lamb of God. They are an amazing live band, Randy has so much energy and vitriol and is a master at crowd work. I saw them last summer with Shadows Fall and.... ummm.... slipknot

I went to see LoG, I swear!

Shadows Fall rules too. Brian Fair's hair FTW \m/

I think in terms of NWOAM, Lamb Of God can't be compared to the band Trivium. They are better in my ears, but anyway I'm no fan of this approaching genre. Basically, I can't stand any of 'em!

Trivium owns too. They kick ass live, even better than LoG. I saw them with Amon Amarth (my all-time favorite live act, if only for the horn the singer drank ale from onstage) and Children of Bodom. Sweet ass show, my friends.

'As the Palaces Burn' is not so bad. A bit too repetitive maybe, but still, a few good songs. On the last album the instrumental song sounded quite neat, but the rest was average.

i absolutely love chris adlers drumming. i am certain hes not as technical as some of the death metal drummers, but he compliments the other players in his particular band well. LoG songs do have a tendency to sound alike sometimes.

i also enjoy their lyrical content. too many bands write songs that cannot keep my interest.

Slayer101 said:
Yeah his voice is pretty annoying, but I just block it oout and listen to the
music.

What about obituary or atheist? Anyone like them.
Oh yeah, I think Obituary is awesome! Even though the singers voice also sounds weird, it's unique in it's own brutal kind of way. Plus, they're classics, Lamb Of God aren't.

Oh yeah, and I can't stand Trivium. I really like Shadows Fall, though.

RDreamer said:
Trivium owns too. They kick ass live, even better than LoG. I saw them with Amon Amarth (my all-time favorite live act, if only for the horn the singer drank ale from onstage) and Children of Bodom. Sweet ass show, my friends.

Damn. What the hell are Trivium and Cob doing on a gig with Amon Amarth.

Amon Amarth owns, both other bands...eww.

It makes me sick when people bitch about bands becoming mainstream.

People start bands to make music and get famous, to put their music out and touch as many people as possible. That's what music is about, making a buck or two is a bonus and merely a result of our culture.

I'm sure most bands would still be just as happy if instead of getting money for their music they simply got everyone in the world who digged it to come up to them and say 'you rock, your music stirrs something inside of me, that makes me disconnect from the normal world' (that's how music makes me feel anyway), or words to that effect.

Lamb Of God are pretty mainstream compaired to say Urban Nightmare or someone (who? you say, exactly.) but they are by no means as mainstream and popular as say Slayer, but I don't hear people bitching about Slayer 'selling out'.

Simply, if a band is a good band and people dig them they will become meainstream, so I don't wanna hear anyone saying a band is shit because they have lots of fans that buy their records. You people that say that are narrow minded fools.

Me, I think Lamb Of God fucking rock, and I couldn't give two shits if they were mainstream or not.:headbang:

Originally Posted by Matthauz

It makes me sick when people bitch about bands becoming mainstream.

People start bands to make music and get famous, to put their music out and touch as many people as possible. That's what music is about, making a buck or two is a bonus and merely a result of our culture.

I'm sure most bands would still be just as happy if instead of getting money for their music they simply got everyone in the world who digged it to come up to them and say 'you rock, your music stirrs something inside of me, that makes me disconnect from the normal world' (that's how music makes me feel anyway), or words to that effect.

Lamb Of God are pretty mainstream compaired to say Urban Nightmare or someone (who? you say, exactly.) but they are by no means as mainstream and popular as say Slayer, but I don't hear people bitching about Slayer 'selling out'.

Simply, if a band is a good band and people dig them they will become meainstream, so I don't wanna hear anyone saying a band is shit because they have lots of fans that buy their records. You people that say that are narrow minded fools.

Me, I think Lamb Of God fucking rock, and I couldn't give two shits if they were mainstream or not.

^^I totally agree with you, as long as they make good music.