LAMB OF GOD....

High Speed Kurt said:
Nu Metal is a dead genre please stop using it.

I love Lamb of God, they have been a breath of fresh air into the American Metal scene. They will be as big as Pantera was in the 90's. Mark my words.

Kurt

Didn't Korn just put out a new album... and aren't they still touring? And Slipknot and Mudvayne still seem to be doing well. The lack of the use of the term, does not mean that the genre is over. And you're right... now instead of 'nu' we just group it together with 'alt'. >_>

Cheiron said:
Didn't Korn just put out a new album... and aren't they still touring? And Slipknot and Mudvayne still seem to be doing well. The lack of the use of the term, does not mean that the genre is over.
While the bands for whom the term was created are still alive, it seems the term isn't used to describe a genre of music, as often as it is to insult a band. For instance, if someone can listen to Lamb of God, and come away thinking they have more in common with Korn, than they do with Pantera and Slayer, they need to get their ears checked.

Zod

High Speed Kurt said:
Nu Metal is a dead genre please stop using it.

I love Lamb of God, they have been a breath of fresh air into the American Metal scene. They will be as big as Pantera was in the 90's. Mark my words.

Kurt

Awesome for them, however I still think Pantera sucks ass.

Mosquito said:
Awesome for them, however I still think Pantera sucks ass.

Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Pantera sucking ass?!?!?! I dont mean to be rude, but could explain your reasoning for hating one the best metal bands of all time.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Whoa Whoa Whoa!! Pantera sucking ass?!?!?! I dont mean to be rude, but could explain your reasoning for hating one the best metal bands of all time.

Ill go so far as to say, the second most overrated metal band of all time. First being Ozzy-era Sabbath.

(though at least I like most of Ozzy-era, as opposed to Pantera)

So, could you explain your reasoning for loving one of the most overrated metal bands of all time?

I agree with Mosquito on this one. Pantera is no good. Very popular indeed, but I don't like them at all.

And I don't like Lamb of God AT ALL either. They are not nu-metal, like Zod said, however they are the posterboys for modern American METALCORE, a genre that has spawned all sorts of mediocre, generic acts like Killswitch Engage, God Forbid, and Trivium, that are nothing but clutter than ill-advised "metal" labels like Roadrunner mistakenly put in real metal tours thinking that they will make a better draw.

Metalcore is a scourge to the metal community, just as nu-metal was back in the 90s. Let these bands headline Ozzfest, and we'll still enjoy what we know to be true metal.

Oh God, Trivium has been mediocre from the start. Don't get me started on those clowns.

Trivium is an insult to modern metal. They have stolen everything that we enjoy about Gothenburg bands like In Flames and Dark Tranquillity, and then injected a bit more speed, and have rehashed as boring, generic tripe. Trivium is everything that's wrong with the metalcore scene...they are boring, generic, and have yet to show me that they have the ability to write a good song.

Palabra de Dios said:
Oh God, Trivium has been mediocre from the start. Don't get me started on those clowns.

Trivium is an insult to modern metal. They have stolen everything that we enjoy about Gothenburg bands like In Flames and Dark Tranquillity, and then injected a bit more speed, and have rehashed as boring, generic tripe. Trivium is everything that's wrong with the metalcore scene...they are boring, generic, and have yet to show me that they have the ability to write a good song.

You only have to be a clown to not be able to realize that Trivium is not boring, nto generic and have PLENTY of ability to write good songs.

Or maybe you don't hear too well...

I wonder if you could write better songs anyway.

My song writing ability is no question piss poor, as I am nowhere near as talented a musician as even your most generic metalcore band member.

I'll admit, Trivium's guitarists (including guitarist/vocalist Matt Heafy) can shred, but it comes out sounding stale and copy-catted. In other words, we've heard all of this shit before, and they are nothing new.

Bands like Atreyu, Shadows Fall, God Forbid, Unearth, Killswitch Engage, Bury Your Dead, etc. etc....they're all a dime a dozen man. Terrible terrible terrible.

Could someone please explain to me what true metal is? When the term "heavy metal" was coined, bands like Grand Funk Railroad and Steppenwolf were described as heavy metal bands.

AngraRULES said:
I wonder if you could write better songs anyway.

Using the "I wonder if you could write better songs anyway." argument is stupid stupid stupid.

If I were to say that Korn sucks ass, and then you say 'you write something better then!', does that make Korn less sucky somehow? I can't write a lick of shit, but I can still make judgements on bands. I assume you would agree that Korn sucks right? Can you write something better?

And I don't mean you necessarily, but anyone who uses that as some sort of valid argument on why a band does not suck...