Lamentations DVD

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2005
I'm thinking of buying the Lamentations DVD, but before I do so, I would like to know if it's worth the money. So far I've read only good reviews, but I would like to know the opinions of actual Opeth fans.

you will hear mostly positive voices here...the worst thing about it: it has no pre BWP songs on it.

besides it's real good, good quality of pictures and sounds and a good documention...buy it...

Yes definately worth the money IMO and I'm sure everyone will pretty much agree. You can also check out the reviews of it on amazon.com, most people were giving it 5 stars last time I checked.

But my compaints: they only play songs from the last three albums, and some of the fans in the audience are really annoying :erk:

The amount of footage and material you get is most certainly worth the money...as long as its not more than I'd say 20 dollars. I bought mine for 15 and I love it. One of the best band DVds I own.

It's probably the best sounding concert dvd I've ever heard. Andy Sneap mixed it, and it sounds incredible - almost like a studio recording. But between songs, yeah - the crowd can get annoying. For example, right after "Weakness", the first thing you hear after Mike sings the last lyric is some dude going, "Boooooooo..." Granted, that song IS kind of boring - but come on man! That's just rude.

It's a great DVD. I think it's at amazon for only 12 or 13 dollars. Definitely worth the price.

Thank you very much, you have been incredibly helpfull. I'll go pick it up soon as I get the chance. As for there being less Damnation songs, im not one to complain. The fact that they can play excellent soft songs as well as heavier ones, is one of the reasons that makes them so great in my opinion.

haggard said:
It's probably the best sounding concert dvd I've ever heard. Andy Sneap mixed it, and it sounds incredible - almost like a studio recording. But between songs, yeah - the crowd can get annoying. For example, right after "Weakness", the first thing you hear after Mike sings the last lyric is some dude going, "Boooooooo..." Granted, that song IS kind of boring - but come on man! That's just rude.

BORING!?!?!?!?!

George said:
The amount of footage and material you get is most certainly worth the money...as long as its not more than I'd say 20 dollars. I bought mine for 15 and I love it. One of the best band DVds I own.

Fuck, you Americans get these things really cheaply!

Standard store price over here is GBP19.99, which is almost $40US.

Mine was a gift from my girlfriend on the day of release, so not sure what she paid. One of the better music DVDs to be released that I have seen yet.

haggard said:
...between songs, yeah - the crowd can get annoying...

You think the crowd are annoying on the DVD...? You should have been there.

The crowd luckily cannot be heard much on the DVD as some of them were really fucking annoying. Some of the little idiots that were screaming in the middle of the Damnation songs so that they could hear themselves on the video deserved a damn good kicking. They ruined some of those tracks for me.

The ones that were close to me got the message when they looked up at me, they soon shut the fuck up. Some of the others carried on. I thought my girlfriend was going to punch some of them at one point too.