Lamentations DVD

its a great dvd.You should definitely buy it, very good perform.As for crowd like alex said we should have been there :headbang:
and plus there is moments like the guy from the front line says to michael "hows your wife??" and mike says "shes very well thank you" if i remember correct:)...Good dvd... :headbang: :headbang:

Yeah definately worth buying. I agree aboot having some more preBWP on there, but then I guess that was the point of the gig and DVD having the contrast between Damnation and Deliverance.

Still amazing sound etc so buy it.

It is shit how things like that are so much more expensive in England but I still buy them, but 13 dollars as opposed to what is almost 40 in the UK does seem excessive.

I finally brought it yesterday (although i have seen it before). Its worth it for

1: Per's solo on IMTON
2: Closure
3: The added groove to Deliverance
4: A fair Judgement (deserved)
5: The Doco (eeevilll crueeeelyty)

A couple of additions to Alternative 3's list...

6: Mike's story about the fucked up tape machine
7: "Are you ready to turn this place into some sort of fuckin'...I dunno...Into HELL?" *Crowd Pop*
8: Mendez' sideways headbanging
9: Nostril-cam (look! the video quality is such that one can count Mike's bogeys! OMGWTFBBQ!!11!!1)
10: "Tight as a witch's cleft."

:D

ænimated said:
Put this in your sig, with img tags around it.
http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig...roundcolor/333333/backgroundtransparent/1.png

Replace the username with whatever your audioscrobbler name is, and the colours with whatever you want (they are in HEX code), and use either 0 (off) or 1 (on) as the filename for transparency.

ok, thanks.

only thing is..my time settings on UM and Audioscrobbler are both EST, yet when i added that thing to my sig, it displays the time as GMT..ideas?

It's probably far too late to post this, but I suppose I can do it for anyone else curious about the DVD. I live on Vancouver Island and I picked it up at HMV for 22 dollars. I also picked up BWP, and I am definetley not dissapointed by that either. Anyways it is an amazing DVD. I've watched it atleast 20 times through, and I am yet to remove it from my DVD player. The crowd is rather annoying (especially the bitch that screams at the top of her lungs while they're preparing for the next song) but other then that it was definetley a good show, I wish I could've been there. Thanks too everyone who replied as well, you were very helpfull.

P.S. My appologies it took me so long to reply, I've been really busy.

I think you're referring to the person who does that random squeal, most noticeably at the beginning of Hope Leaves. That was a guy.

If I remember correctly, he used to be on this board.

Yeah buy it, but it really doesn't have much to make me watch it more than once every six months. No pre BWP just shits me; most of you know i consider Orchid their best, followed by Morningrise probs. and of the material there, there is hardly any actual metal.

This dvd only managed to get me into the Damnation material actually. As for the documentary, well, I've watched this part even more often than the concert, and that's just because of Steven Wilson...

BTW, Alex Guiness, good to see another New Model Army fan on here!

I love Lamentations...

It is a souped up version of Damnation, + some "Very Heavy Numbers." :)

I liked it when Mike used some of his one liners from Lamentations at the recent 2005 tour dates, hehe.

Our next song...Which will be our last one...............................YES!! :)

Cheers.

dcat.

SacredReich said:
Yeah buy it, but it really doesn't have much to make me watch it more than once every six months. No pre BWP just shits me; most of you know i consider Orchid their best, followed by Morningrise probs. and of the material there, there is hardly any actual metal.

lol, I think he already bought it considering this thread is almost a year old.

I thought they destroyed the climax of Closure tbh, its really middle eastern and eerie feeling on the studio edit but they decided to (and still do at gigs) play it really heavy and I think it lost alot of its feel. The only time i think they've pulled off making closure heavy at the end is when they murged it into the start of Bleak at the Leeds show last year. Also, more heavy tracks would have made this DVD awesome. 1 other thing that annoys me is that the camera man has an obsession with whats going on up Mikael's nose.. especially in the heavy tracks...
Despite all of the above sounding negative this DVD kicks ass imo, everything except the above is top notch :D