Lamentations DVD

daz436 said:
I thought they destroyed the climax of Closure tbh, its really middle eastern and eerie feeling on the studio edit but they decided to (and still do at gigs) play it really heavy and I think it lost alot of its feel.
Interesting. For me it was exactly the other way round; that is to say, the heavy ending of the live version was in fact the first part of "Damnation" that managed to grab me and still sends shivers down my spine at gigs. Only afterwards I started to really appreciate the studio version. Nowadays I love both versions equally.

Arnold Layne said:
I finally brought it yesterday (although i have seen it before). Its worth it for

1: Per's solo on IMTON
2: Closure
3: The added groove to Deliverance
4: A fair Judgement (deserved)
5: The Doco (eeevilll crueeeelyty)

It's also worth it for:

- Mike's funny crossed-legged sitting stance during most parts of the documentary :D

- Lopez's insane 'Deliverance' drumming during the documentary

- Closure's improvised version (best damnation track by farrrrrr)

- During the first few minutes of Deliverance, Mike's playing a soft bit then his eyes bulge fully out onto his guitar to signify the next heavy riff

- Martin Mendez, god bless him, repeatedly fucking up that riff in the Deliverance recording much to Mike's patient dismay

- "If it's okay with you, you don't want to go home just yet?" Mike asks the crowd before a heavy number.

- Martin Lopez - "the guys are like polar bears" referring to Mike and Peter who need constant air conditioning on tour and in the studio. Lopez has a definite sense of humour.

What makes me lament:

- No chapter search on the Documentary. This documentary part just screams out for a chapter search. If you want to skip to a part you have to do it manually, and believe me, nothing is more frustrating

- The band leaving out the all important piano outro in 'The Leper Affinity'.

- No pre BWP material is an obvious one, how about no Bleak!?

- And finally, Mendez.M showing us his wide range of the English vocabulary (a whole four words no less)

The concert itself was worth double the price I paid!!($10) Plus the making of Damnation/Deliverance was fucking incredible. I reallly enjoyed watching the guitar work of Mikael and Peter.

And lets not forget the part where Mikael asks Steve Wilson how tight he wants the track to sound!!

Tighter than a witches cleft.:D

martyrs_price said:
And lets not forget the part where Mikael asks Steve Wilson how tight he wants the track to sound!!

Tighter than a witches cleft.:D

lmao yeh

This dvd is magical. anyone that does not have it BUY IT. Its 3 hours of quality. Nothing i dont like about it.