Laney GH100L

Sep 7, 2006
Somebody I know is selling one of these for £150 i'm just wondering if thats a good price and whether they are any good!! Or what anyones opinion of them are, i'd be happy to use it as a poweramp for my podxt live if the amp itself isn't too great but if its good i'm keen to find out all i can!

OK old thread, sorry to bump, but i'm having a nightmare, haha.
I bought it (got it for 120 after!!!), all seemed good, until the volume started to fade out...it basically fades, then after a 5-10seconds i get it back, and on some occasions it wouldn't come back at all, it also seems to be running really hot.
It was fading under normal usage, and also when i was running my pod xt into the slave in, so i assume its not in the preamp section.

Any clues whats up? I'm not a big expert on valve amps.

OK old thread, sorry to bump, but i'm having a nightmare, haha.
I bought it (got it for 120 after!!!), all seemed good, until the volume started to fade out...it basically fades, then after a 5-10seconds i get it back, and on some occasions it wouldn't come back at all, it also seems to be running really hot.
It was fading under normal usage, and also when i was running my pod xt into the slave in, so i assume its not in the preamp section.

Any clues whats up? I'm not a big expert on valve amps.

they run pretty hot don't worry about that.

change the last preamp tube and/or the power tubes.

see if that helps.