Laney Gh50

Hardrocker

New Metal Member
Aug 22, 2005
Hi guys, what do you think about the laney GH50L ??? (for 450 €)

there´s a deal i´m interested but i would like to know more about the equipment, how does it sound etc... etc... etc... cause i never tested it :mad:

Tkx!

Hardrocker said:
Hi guys, what do you think about the laney GH50L ??? (for 450 €)

there´s a deal i´m interested but i would like to know more about the equipment, how does it sound etc... etc... etc... cause i never tested it :mad:

Tkx!

i´ll probably trade it for my peavey wolfgang qt :headbang:

450€ is a bit high...i got mine for 350€, mint condition....ebay is your friend.
it's a GREAT amp for anything 80s, great marshall style lead tone, put a delay and reverb pedal in the loop and you got instant lynch tone. it can also do death/thrash/black metal, but imho e.g. the 5150 rips it a new one for those styles...also, it's pretty noisy at high gain levels (granted, it's got a LOT of gain on tap), and the clean channel is kinda meh....if you need a decent clean channel, too, definitely spend the extra bucks on the vh100r. if i played in an 80s style band i'd either use that, or a twin amp setup with a jcm800 for dirty and some other clean amp for that 80s chorus sound.

Fragle said:
450€ is a bit high...i got mine for 350€, mint condition....ebay is your friend.
it's a GREAT amp for anything 80s, great marshall style lead tone, put a delay and reverb pedal in the loop and you got instant lynch tone. it can also do death/thrash/black metal, but imho e.g. the 5150 rips it a new one for those styles...also, it's pretty noisy at high gain levels (granted, it's got a LOT of gain on tap), and the clean channel is kinda meh....if you need a decent clean channel, too, definitely spend the extra bucks on the vh100r. if i played in an 80s style band i'd either use that, or a twin amp setup with a jcm800 for dirty and some other clean amp for that 80s chorus sound.

it´s more for the "opeth /converge tone". the amp is like new and would be a direct trade, guitar for amp ... but on the other side i love that 60´s tone :|

It's what Gilbert's been using for years. If you like the newer Racer X tone, or solo stuff, there you go. I've thought about picking one up, just because the cost:sweetness ratio is so high.

I played with one GH100 the same day I test drived a Peavey 5150 60watt combo, both in the same rehearsal room and with maxon od-808 and an ISP decimator in front of it, and from my experience, IT KICKS SOME MAJOR ASS. I actually kinda liked it better than 5150, less fizzy, lots of mids and a sweeter midrange, very good for some harsh palm mutes. However, I didn't compared both in detail and opinions are worth northing.

interesting...i found the 5150 to be way more midrangey than the laney. i don't even agree with the "less fizzy" comment...the laney has a sweeter lead sound, but a properly dialed in 5150 can hardly be called fizzy imho.