Lars speaks.

The Subjugator said:
but Lars has always been a bad drummer.

Well, FWIW, I wouldn't piss on Lars if I found him on fire. But he's an OK (not great) drummer who has done some reasonably difficult drum parts on album.

Now, granted, he had to record them in multiple tracks to get them tight and he had to rely on Hetfield for the tempo .... all not good signs of a great drummer.

But, I must relunctantly agree that some of the finished product is ok.

sixxswine said:
I have to say that Larz did call it like he sawit(and many others), in regards to a ceratin leopard changing his colors after Dime's death...
I read about that too, but I don't see why it's such a bad thing. I don't even like Megadave as a person, but, no matter what the cause, if one makes amends to another, I give them props. Sometimes people need a tragedy or a drastic change in their life to realize they're doing something wrong/not doing something right.

Lars is a fairly talented drummer - I dont think the drumming in Metallica dpesnt really showcase his true ability, and it doesnt really need to. He is by no means one of the best drummers going around, but some of the stuff on AJFA is pretty impressive

TheWhisper said:
After Justice? That is my fave Metallica album, but the production is horrible!

Which one is your favorite album? And Justice? Ride? MOP? etc.. i thought the production on all the albums are good up to Black Album.. i just think all albums after MOP are awful.. with a song here or there being ok...

Doesnt really matter what Lars says now, the fact remains that Metallica were one of the founders of Thrash and they were brilliant in the 80's, their prime time. Anyone who ever saw them live during this time I'm sure will agree, they were amazing to watch. All albums including AJFA are awesome and were ground breaking metal albums. Even the black album is damn good really. I saw them on the Load tour, and they were still bloody good, and to their credit they still play their old stuff live, not like some bands who dismiss their back catalogues completely.

I dont know of any bands that dismiss there classic material in concert... and Black album is a OK album.... nothing compared to the first 3 albums...

I don't think the Black Album is the best, I'd say that RTL is the best, and how can anyone not like Load and Reload, those albums are kick ass, definetly meeting the standards of the others, they have great songs like Until it Sleeps, King Nothing, Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn, Fuel...etc. I actually prefer these albums that like the Black Album even.

Dude, load and reload seriously blow, load does have a couple of decent songs. but put it this way, if i went to a metallica gig and heard any load/reload songs i would be pissed off

I think that they were fuckin sweet thay have some of my top fav song, but I wonder how much there next album is gonna suck, cause St. Anger sucked big floppy donkey dick, but people are still gonna buy it, because I mean...come on, its metallica!

Yeh, people will buy it coz its buy metallica. I think st anger had a lot of cool points to it and a lot of potential, but it was just lacking something. Their new album i think will be something pretty different

I think the band pretty much went against the producers advice on AJFA - they deliberatly turned the bass way down to piss off Jason and put on shit loads of layers of guitars on it - consequently it sounds fucken shit.

Danallica said:
I think the band pretty much went against the producers advice on AJFA - they deliberatly turned the bass way down to piss off Jason and put on shit loads of layers of guitars on it - consequently it sounds fucken shit.

That was all fucked up, they practically cut off Newsted, you can like only hear the bass on To Live Is To Die and that's it. No wonder Jason wanted to leave Metallica, they gave him to much shit.