Last Album You Listened to in Full?

My favourite My Dying Bride songs? Well, the album you're about to listen to is my favourite of theirs. A few of my very favourite songs are Vast Choirs, The Crown of Sympathy, A Sea to Suffer In, For You, Apocalypse Woman, She is the Dark, The Raven and the Rose, Catherine Blake, Deeper Down and Fall With Me. There you go, one from each album! :lol: Seriously though, I could go on and on about them. They're one of my very favourite bands.

My favourite My Dying Bride songs? Well, the album you're about to listen to is my favourite of theirs. A few of my very favourite songs are Vast Choirs, The Crown of Sympathy, A Sea to Suffer In, For You, Apocalypse Woman, She is the Dark, The Raven and the Rose, Catherine Blake, Deeper Down and Fall With Me. There you go, one from each album! :lol: Seriously though, I could go on and on about them. They're one of my very favourite bands.

I hardly ever hear anyone say a favourite track is The Whore, The Cook And The Mother! I love that track.

But my favourites would be Catherine Blake, The Whore The Cook And The Mother, The Cry Of Mankind, My Hope, The Destroyer, A Cruel Taste Of Winter, My Body A Funeral, The Dreadful Hours.

But I agree there is waaay too many to name for the favourite tracks:lol:

I hardly ever hear anyone say a favourite track is The Whore, The Cook And The Mother! I love that track.

But my favourites would be Catherine Blake, The Whore The Cook And The Mother, The Cry Of Mankind, My Hope, The Destroyer, A Cruel Taste Of Winter, My Body A Funeral, The Dreadful Hours.

But I agree there is waaay too many to name for the favourite tracks:lol:

The Whore, The Cook And The Mother is definitely another one of my favourites from 34.788%... You know, a lot of people have a strong dislike for that album? I don't understand why myself, I mean sure it's different, but it's still good! Anyway, from that short list of your favourites I see a fair few from The Dreadful Hours, which makes me happy. That album is PERFECT (Really). A prime example of an album which flows perfectly from track to track, almost like one long song.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just listened to Endgame, again.

HA55012.jpg

X2

The Whore, The Cook And The Mother is definitely another one of my favourites from 34.788%... You know, a lot of people have a strong dislike for that album? I don't understand why myself, I mean sure it's different, but it's still good! Anyway, from that short list of your favourites I see a fair few from The Dreadful Hours, which makes me happy. That album is PERFECT (Really). A prime example of an album which flows perfectly from track to track, almost like one long song.

I never knew that but why? The album is good:D But yea The Dreadful Hours album is what everyone can just call a MASTERPEICE

Just listened:

my_dying_bride-for_lies_i_sire.jpg

Now got on:

evile_infected.jpg

I never knew that but why? The album is good:D

I think it's good too! I think the main reason people criticise 34.788%... Complete is because it's so different sounding. I mean, it's almost not metal at all but I think people should have saw this coming. The album before 34.788%... , Like Gods of the Sun was the first step the band made towards something a lot less metal, that album was the first to feature NO harsh vocals, at all. Regardless, I think 34.788%... is a really good album and while it has it's haters, it sure has it's lovers. I think it appealed more to the fans who were into EBM and gothic music than the metallers... (Rant over)

Podgie is sooooooooooo freaking knowledgable about metal. :lol:

:lol: Thanks man, but I'm nothing special. I've just been seriously into metal for a long time...

What did you think of Human?

I think its great as well, i think there's less powerchordage going on than Symbolic which i like, if not prefer. I prefer the leads on Symbolic however, and there doesn't seem to be much clean on which is a shame because i luuuuuurrrve the end of Perennial Quest. Shorter song time aswell which is good if I am going places.

Did the line up change in between?

Annihilator - Alison In Hell
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Death - Human

Yeah man, the only member who played on both Human and Symbolic was Chuck Schuldiner.

This.
The lineup changed in one form or another on EVERY album. Except for Chuck.
Here's a good read for ya.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_(metal_band)

I hate Wiki, but everything seems to be spot on. They're like the Megadeth of Death Metal. Ever changing lineup, yet always kicking ass.

I hate Wiki, but everything seems to be spot on. They're like the Megadeth of Death Metal. Ever changing lineup, yet always kicking ass.

Yeah, Wiki is pretty good for info. Have you ever used metal-archives.com?? It's my bible haha, or it is when I'm researching metal anyway. Check it out if you haven't already. (Don't take too much notice of the reviews though, A LOT of people on there are elitist arseholes who have tiny little narrow minds)