Last and Next concert

I want to see AA so bad :(
Don't do it!
When Joe once said that they are boring live I thought he was an idiot because I was really into them.

Then I saw them live twice and hey! he was right: All the songs are in the same tempo, mostly from the last two albums and you have 100 fat bastards around you pretending to be vikings. Which also includes the rejection of deodorant and showers.

Last: Emil Bulls
Next: Yann Tiersen

LOL, I could actually picture that :rofl: I think I would be dissapointed to see them trying to flail through the twilight of the thunder god solo. I looked up the live version of it and the improv. is so bad :(

Yeah, I've noticed EVERY amon amarth song is at about 130 bpm, with a few exceptions which are all at around 170 bpm :lol:
I like them anyway, would like to see them. And I like Johan's improv on the TOTTG solo :mad:

I thought they were quite good both time I've seen them live.
What difference does it make if most of the songs are the same tempo? Anyone who's looked up a recent set list would realize that the majority of the songs are newer. You should know that before going, and if you don't like it, don't buy a ticket. Enjoy something for what it is, instead of finding every little thing that's wrong with it.

I thought they were quite good both time I've seen them live.
What difference does it make if most of the songs are the same tempo? Anyone who's looked up a recent set list would realize that the majority of the songs are newer. You should know that before going, and if you don't like it, don't buy a ticket. Enjoy something for what it is, instead of finding every little thing that's wrong with it.

Looking up the setlist before them concert is boring. They played their special shows not long before I saw them live the other show I saw was a festival gig in front of 50.000 people. Both gigs weren't regular circumstances and would have justified a little surprise.
And it's not like their first 5 albums only consist of bad songs they don't remember how to play, neither do their new albums.

I prefer not to know the setlists in advance just because I love the feeling when the band starts to play a crazy cover, comes back for an unexpected encore or adds a short acoustic set in the middle of the show.

^ Half of the time, crazy covers and unexpected encores aren't played at every show during a tour anyways, so the chances of them being on one set list that someone posts is relatively small. (I don't look up set lists that often beforehand either, but it's hard to avoid having an idea what a band will play when they've played similar sets for the last number of months, or few years. For instance, Bodom's set lists aren't hard to guess if you've seen them a few times in the last few years... You just hope a random surprise gets thrown in.)

As for the Amon Amarth show, I wouldn't have minded seeing some older material played live, but the newer stuff suits me just fine as well.

Don't believe that bollocks. AA are absolutely brilliant live. I've seen them 4 times and they've been awesome every time. If you're standing next to fat people pretending to be Vikings who are ruining the show for you, just move somewhere else, simple.

I was not drunk enough to go crazy when I saw them. Kinda dull atmosphere. Not really the festival atmosphere at Tuska anyway...

Then I saw them live twice and hey! he was right: All the songs are in the same tempo, mostly from the last two albums and you have 100 fat bastards around you pretending to be vikings. Which also includes the rejection of deodorant and showers.

I have no idea where you were but at the concert where I saw them they were playing great! And I was NOT surrounded by overweight people, it was actually a really good concert! So I definitely would go to see them again! :headbang:

Last concert: COB
Next concert: Turmion Kätilöt

So you both luckily don't live in Germany.

For instance, Bodom's set lists aren't hard to guess if you've seen them a few times in the last few years... You just hope a random surprise gets thrown in.).

Well I wasn't expecting FTR as an opener. I wasn't expecting a Black Diamond intro cover. And I wasn't expecting an encore after Downfall at all.

I've damaged my ankle recently but hoping to heal in a week, cuz me & mum want to go to Bullet's "Myspace secret gig" next Monday!!

:lol: Well the time and location was texted out today, but it's first come first serve tickets at 8am, so there will be people standing around in London at like 6am waiting...

Last concert I saw was Nile, Immolation, Lazarus A.D, and Rose Funeral(A mother fucking shitty band. They beat up a 17yr old kid, they're 22-27yrs old at least. The kid was playing Uno during their set.)
Anyways, I plan on going to see Sonata Arctica and whoever they're touring with. Then I will most def go to Katatonia!