Concert/Festivalreviewing Thread!

marfal66

Dec 5, 2007
Deurne (BE)
www.demolished.be
:headbang:Post here your musicfestival or concert reviews, stories, discussions, photos, videos, w/e:headbang:
I made this because i'm always interested (and i guess i'm not the only one) in that kind of stuff and i didn't found an existing thread for this, exept for the phenom's, but it was limited to tuska

I'm going to quite a lot of concerts this year, mostly local bands, but also a few bigger bands

Ill start off with graspop

So I went to graspop last weekend, and it was awesome
on friday i've seen Morbid Angel, Saxon, Behemoth, Nile, Yngwie Malmsteen, Obituary and Judas Priest

Morbid Angel was good, i did some good pits and enjoyed their set.

I have seen a bit of Saxon with a friend, but it just isn't my genre.

Behemoth was awesome ofcourse, i waited two hours in front of the stage to be in frontline, i standed in front of nergal.
Their setlist looked something like this:
Slaves shall serve
At the left hand ov god
Decade of therion
Antichristian Phenomenom
Prometherion
Demigod
Conquer All
Chant for eschaton 2000
They played pretty flawless, as usually

Nile did a good gig also, only the sound sucked, the guitars were way too loud.
I have only seen a small part of Obituary's gig, because a friend got sick and we had to leave. Pity, but i will hopefully see them again on party san next month.
I saw a bit of yngwie malmsteen, but as usually after three songs it gets really boring, i have heard he smashed his guitar after the gig.
Judas Priest did probably well, but i just hate that kind of music, the only thing that i remember from JP was that the singer had a very weird way of singing, with both hands on his mic and a bit bown down. Looks like he's praying or something.

A few bands that i have missed which i liked to see: symphony x because obituary was playing at the same time and friend got sick and testament because nile was playing at that time.

Saturday i have seen Hollenthon, Dying Fetus:kickass:, Korpiklaani, Immortal, Cavalera Conspiracy and Kiss

Hollenthon sucked imo, Dying fetus kicked ass, i standed on front line again
I don't remember much of that gig anymore, i know the crowd went crazy during pissing in the mainstream/kill your mother, rape your dog.
The sound was a bit too loud(sometimes a kick on the bassdrum stabbed in my ears.) but i enjoyed their set.

Korpiklaani was good, they played all their "good songs" exept for beer beer.
Immortal did also a great job. Good sound and a lot of lighting, pyrotechnic, exploding, firework, whateverthings
Cavalera Conspiracy dissapointed me a bit, i didn't know them but i expected something like max' previous bands (soulfly, sepultura). it was something like that but less good. they did some sepultura covers and they were okay. I noticed Igor didn't get the drumming tight anymore.
Kiss was very entertaining, its not my genre again but i enjoyed it nevertheless.

Sunday was the lamest day, and the most expensive...
i guess sunday tickets were 6 euro more because of iron maiden
I have only seen Rotting christ, In flames and Arch enemy
Rotting christ was alright, nothing special, but a good opener.
I didn't like In flames, I didn't know them at all but some friends told they are good but they weren't imo.
Arch enemy made my day, i did a lot of headbanging, moshing, crowdsurfing. Great sound, great vocals, great songs, great solo's, great band. :headbang:
My top 3 of graspop was Behemoth, Dying Fetus and Arch Enemy

Some few pictures by me

The only pic I took from behemoth, this was taken right before the first chords of Slaves shall serve.
Afb010.jpg

Some pics of Dying Fetus
Afb012.jpg

Afb013.jpg

Afb014.jpg

Afb015.jpg

Some Arch Enemy pics, i standed a lot more in the back of the crowd so i didn't got the chance to make any good pics
Afb018.jpg

Afb020.jpg

This was pretty much all i took, i don't feel much like making pics all the time.
I got 2 short vids of dying fetus also, but as all youtube vids, shitty quality.

Feel free to post:)

^no one goes there :lol:
A few bands that i have missed which i liked to see: symphony x
Hollenthon sucked imo,
Kiss was very entertaining, its not my genre again but i enjoyed it nevertheless.
lol wut?

i went to graspop too
friday-
Behemoth: i'm not a fan but it was okay, only memorable songs seemed demigod and their last one
Moonspell: i missed them 'cause i needed drinkingthingies, it was waaaay too hot :( and then i heard anneke van giersbergen came along for scorpion flower :cry:
Symphony X: Eve of Seduction :D
Judas Priest: i didn't care, i was up from 4.45

saturday-
Novembers Doom: :headbang:
Hollenthon: i didn't know them and heard them while i passed the stage for some reason, i stayed a few songs, i thought it was awesome, i'll check 'm out soon
Alestorm: haha boat-surfing
Delain: okay
Iced Earth: Matt reminds me of my dad *shivers*
Immortal: oh gawd
My Dying Bride: i liked the last song the most :lol:
Kiss: that guitar solo pissed me off big-time... it was endless... and then the guy kept talking to the audience and THEN there's an EVEN LONGER drumsolo, i thought i was gonna die there... then the sound fell out twice, and i decided to leave... kinda pissed... cause the only song i wanted to hear was 'i was made for loving you', was that too much to ask for?

sunday-
Rotting Christ: great :D
Apocalyptica: worst setlist ever
Primordial: funny guy, he reminds me of an angry troll, best show of graspop though, awesome voice
At The Gates: their singer looks like chuck norris... other than that i don't really have an opinion about them, haha. it's not my style of music
Arch Enemy: finally, after they cancelled on me 3 years ago :)
Iron Maiden: background music for my midnight smurf-icecream

Kiss: that guitar solo pissed me off big-time... it was endless... and then the guy kept talking to the audience and THEN there's an EVEN LONGER drumsolo, i thought i was gonna die there... then the sound fell out twice, and i decided to leave... kinda pissed... cause the only song i wanted to hear was 'i was made for loving you', was that too much to ask for?

yea i stayed actually for 4 or 5 songs, but what do you expect if you give a band 2 hours of stagetime:D
reminds me of guns 'n roses 2 years ago when slash was covering christina aguilera on his own.
i listened to "i was made for loving you" from the camping:p

we had a very good spot on the camping btw, like 60m from the entrance, near some vlaamsbelang flags, (which got stolen after 2 days by some walen who stayed near too:lol:)

we had a very good spot on the camping btw, like 60m from the entrance, near some vlaamsbelang flags, (which got stolen after 2 days by some walen who stayed near too:lol:)
we were like half an hour away from the festival :lol:
part C, we were also next to a flemmish flag, i have it on pic, it's hung wrong, the lion's standing upwards :lol:
but yeah, i had fun... bit sad i missed fernando though

edit: i also ran into saartje after primordial

i'm poor :lol: i'd like to go to zwarte cross for evergrey,
there's some stuff in the frontline during gentse feeste prolly, if that's near you :p

and velorock in oostende in september, perhaps...