Tuska 2008 Aftermath/Pics thread! Share your views here!

the phenom

Jun 7, 2007
Finland
Creating a new thread because the old one is hard to find because my search is retarding all the time and i think we should have a new one.

SO post pics everyone and share opinions/experiences!

Friday:
Great bands! I saw Amon Amarth,Carcass,Dimmu Borgir(Front row). Enjoyed some booze and smokes also. Did not get drunk but it was really fun day still.

Saturday:
Great day! Saw Kreator,Morbid Angel, and some of Fields of Nephilim. I enjoyed lots of smokes and got drunk! Overall Kreator was the one that got me the most going...brutal pits and headbanging!
I spotted shitload of Germans there!

Sunday:
I left early so i could not see Slayer :( Well Killswitch Engage played really good and had a great welcome at tuska. A wall of death occured and huge pits. Sonata Arctica was okay but their setlist was truly something horrible. So little songs from the 4 first albums and NO song from Silence. Mostly Unia songs. Elias Viljanen is a great guitarist tho!!! I got into the signing of KSE and got some autographs and talked to the guys. It was cool. Also tried to learn a Scottish dude to swear in Finnish but he failed hard. He could not say perkele :lol
I heard Slayers pits were just fucking brutal though...too bad i didnt witness it.

All in all it was a good tuska but it could have been a BIT better for my part. Bands were great as fuck! Also a new record for how many people there were was broken. 36 000 people there this year. 3000 more than last year!!

Some pics coming soon!

Im also going to add up something for what happened there when i have recovered myself from this crazy moshing.:lol:

Videos(not mine):
A compilation of Tuska clips by some dude. Good one!

KIllswitch Engage putting up a wall of death!

Slayer's crazy pit:

Kreator performing the kickass song "Enemy of God"

Behemoth \m/
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6UOdd7C2jE&feature=related[/ame]

Carcass!

Sonata!

Morbid angel!

Last edited by a moderator:
I APOLOGIZE FOR SO FEW PICS BUT I JUST ENJOYED THE BANDS AND DIDNT PHOTO MUCH! AND AT DIMMU I COULD NOT EVEN REACH MY POCKET FOR THE PHONE!

PICS!!!(by me)

Michael Amott!(carcass)
kuva005aw9.jpg

Much ppl!
kuva019cf3.jpg

KSE
kuva022un6.jpg

Stuff i got from tuska (theres even the official tuska condomes there).
kuva033rs7.jpg

Sounds like you had fun man! Thanks for the media - I will go to a festival next year -spent too long running after friends who were being undecisive and left it too late- Wacken for me next year 100%

How could you not try a Vampyre (Jeff Loomis CS) if you played on a Shechter? I'd buy an ESP if you want 24 frets, string and neck thru, just my two cats though.

Sounds like you had fun man! Thanks for the media - I will go to a festival next year -spent too long running after friends who were being undecisive and left it too late- Wacken for me next year 100%

How could you not try a Vampyre (Jeff Loomis CS) if you played on a Shechter? I'd buy an ESP if you want 24 frets, string and neck thru, just my two cats though.

Yeah no problemo! Festivals are really fun i have to say. You have to go next year to a festival or you will be sorry :lol:

I actually think i tried a Loomis sig. Im not too big fan of ESP though...their necks are not really in my preference. I still like the V shape one helluva lot on the V-1 Hellraiser. Really nice :) Yeah well its all about opinions.