Last and Next concert

I guess Hatesphere is gonna be at the The Black Dahlia show too as headliner...? Never listened to them at all and it doesn't sound too promising.

So I made it to the show on saturday and it was pretty good for such a small venue. Me and my girlfriend met Trevor from The Black Dahlia Murder. Hatesphere was alright, but didn't really amaze anyone. Then some band that almost no one had heard of came on called Augury. They walked on stage and they looked so nerdy that we thought it was people just checking the sound... Anddddd then they started playing. The lead singer guy was funny as fuck and they had great stage presence for a bunch of geeks. But holy fucking god, they were probably hands down the best guitarist I've ever seen live. I don't even know what to classify them as, they went through so many different genres over the course of a few songs.

Next was Obscura. They opened with The Anticosmic Overload. I was never really a big fan of them until I saw them the other night, and I was pretty impressed. The singer has an amazing voice live, he doesn't let down at all. The only problem I had ever had with them is 1) the bass is so dominant in their music and when I hear bass all that goes through my head is Seinfeld and 2) the singer guy plays one ugly ass guitar :rofl:. It probably plays nice and what not (its a RAN), but it is ugly as sin. I think they did a Death cover also, but I'm not really sure what song.

The Black Dahlia Murder came on and that's who we were there to see really since it's my girlfriends favorite band, but she had gotten 4 wisdom teeth removed the night before and as they started playing she got too sick to stay and watch them. They were pretty good from what I had seen though. I only like a few songs of theirs which they played early in the set before we left.

All in all, pretty good show.

Star Wars in concert is awesome, i went.

I also saw the BDM/obscura show on monday, fucking awesome. 5th time seeng black dahlia, they never dissapoint. obscura was my favorite because i've been so monumentally obsessed with them since their album came out. they had a great show, and hannes is SO FUCKING FAST, they all kill at their respective instruments. good set but i was bummed they didn't play cosmogenesis.

next concert...probably john mayer on the 30th

Star Wars in concert is awesome, i went.

I also saw the BDM/obscura show on monday, fucking awesome. 5th time seeng black dahlia, they never dissapoint. obscura was my favorite because i've been so monumentally obsessed with them since their album came out. they had a great show, and hannes is SO FUCKING FAST, they all kill at their respective instruments. good set but i was bummed they didn't play cosmogenesis.

next concert...probably john mayer on the 30th

Yeah Obscura and Augury were probably the highlight of the night for me. I've never been a big Black Dahlia fan but after seeing them live I tuned my guitar down to C standard and started learning some of their songs. Easy solos, but pretty fast riffs.

Also, I'm pretty sure Obscura played cosmogenesis when I saw them o_O They also did a Death cover, but I forget what song

I think Incarnated is my favorite song by them.

I wasn't really a fan until I saw them. Their singer has some serious fucking lung power, holy balls. The Black Dahlia gets a lot of shit too and falls into one of those cliche' bands to insult categories, almost like Trivium, but they have a pretty good amount of badass songs.

Incarnated has always been a silent favorite of mine, same with Noospheres.

Dude i dunno, Black Dahlia is kind of part of the new wave of bands but they stand out as far as i'm concerned they have brutally sick solo's especially the ones on the new record, ryan kicks ass and brings a good energy to it. well actually he always looks mad :lol: but still, they never disappoint

Last concert: yesterday Stam1na. The new album kicks ass and the gig was awesome. Definitely have to see them live this summer.

Next concert: Tarot, 3.4. Their album is (also) very good. High expectations for a good gig.

Well, Reel Big Fish is playing at our local venue. So I'll go to that. I saw them on Warped Tour and they were incredible.

Also, I heard that The Offspring and 311 are going on tour together. The Offsping was my favorite band for yeeears, and 311 was the first cd I ever bought. And I've seen neither one of them live. =O

Incarnated has always been a silent favorite of mine, same with Noospheres.

Dude i dunno, Black Dahlia is kind of part of the new wave of bands but they stand out as far as i'm concerned they have brutally sick solo's especially the ones on the new record, ryan kicks ass and brings a good energy to it. well actually he always looks mad :lol: but still, they never disappoint

Incarnated reminds me alot of a Death song... Well they just remind me of Death in general really.

But yeah, I know what you mean about Ryan, he looks like a D-bag, but I miss him being in Arsis. They've changed too much since he's left. But yeah, I know what you mean. Alot of the little emo kids and scene fags flock to them, but I think that's half of why they get the rep they do is because of the bad half of their fans.

Also, how'd that competition thing go with the singing and what not? I watched it and didn't expect to be impressed really, but god damned, you've got a hell of a voice for someone your age man :kickass:

Lat one was Fishbone and The English Beat. Ska is awesome. Next is either Bloodstock in the Uk, or Wacken, or Graspop.....fuck