Last CD you bought

Mátki by Berit M. Oskal.

I think she self produced the album, because when I clicked on the link to order it, it opened up an email message to her. So, I emailed Berit. I thought it went into the void, but after a few days, she emailed me back! So, I paypaled the money for the CD to her on Saturday, and I should be getting it in a couple of weeks or so from her place in Kautokeino, Norway! She also writes an awesome little blog, in Norwegian, and that's on her website as well.

More info here: http://www.beritoskal.com/

I can't wait to get it, it's really great music.

Update!

Ms. Oskal wrote back, and after a few emails and a PayPal transfer, I have her CD! She even autographed it! Turns out that I'm the first person in the USA to actually purchase it from her, and she's quite touched that it's reached people so far away from Scandinavia. Because, she just calls herself a 'plain Sami girl from Norway'.

So yay!

^ how cool is that! :cool:

Yeah! She's only had a few MP3 downloads before my purchase.

I also need to upgrade my Last.fm subscription to a paid one. While it's good for more mainstream stuff, it's amazing for little tiny niche music like this. And that's how I found her - cued up Last.fm, put in 'yoik' under the tag heading, and hey - this new artist came up!

I like the music because it's really personal - it feels like she put it out for her friends and community. Unlike other artists who put out their 'ethnic' music under the 'World Music' tag for white yuppies to consume.

last CD i bought for myself was Addicted by the Devin Townsend Project

though recently bought Ziltoid The Omniscient as a present

b0000666dw01lzzzzzzz.jpg

Mastodon - Remission

Used but I don't think it's really available brand new, at least I didn't see it on eBay.:S Well I found a store which claimed to sell brand new ones but it was from Russia so... no thanks.:D Don't really like that Cyrillic gibberish on my CDs.:|

i've bought:

-arcturus: aspera hiems symfonia (again, for the third time, but i could not resist, i've found an old nice digipack version i had never seen before :))
-dissection: the somberlain
-dissection: storm of the light's bane
-folkstone: folk stone
-esqarial: inheritance
-borknagar: the olden domain (now the discography is finally over, except for the last one)
-falconer: among beggars and thieves (finally i've found it in digipack version with the bonus track :headbang:)