Last CD you bought

It was probably the best concert I have ever been to, Agalloch are INCREDIBLE live. The 2 opening acts, Musk Ox and Worm Oroboros, were also very good.

Yeees I've been to the Agalloch concert in Montréal, INCREDIBLE!!! I was on the front row just before John, I took some pictures, and bought Marrow of the spirit and a tshirt. Too shy to meet the musicians though.
I wasn't very impressed by Musk Ox and Worm Ouroboros, but I think that's because I was too much obsessed by Agalloch, my second favorite band of all times! :headbang:

Yeees I've been to the Agalloch concert in Montréal, INCREDIBLE!!! I was on the front row just before John, I took some pictures, and bought Marrow of the spirit and a tshirt. Too shy to meet the musicians though.
I wasn't very impressed by Musk Ox and Worm Ouroboros, but I think that's because I was too much obsessed by Agalloch, my second favorite band of all times! :headbang:

Takbernak! :p

Vintersorg - Jordpuls: 90/100. It could have been perfect is Andreas would include more bm riffage alas Mörk and the first track.

Kampfar - Mare: 60/100 so far.

I dunno what the hell happened. The production is massive and doesn't suit AT ALL the sound of Kampfar, for an Hypocrisy album maybe it's good but not for this kind of black metal.

The bass has turned less and less audible since Kvass and now you can hear it just when the guitars are quiet or playing 1 of the 4 usual layers (WTF is Kampfar doing quad tracking guitars??). Dolk seems to be far away, II 13 drumming is absolutely basic and terribly uninspired... I've heard like 2 drum fills on the entire album - WTF!!!, even Dolk had more taste to play drums on the Fra Underverdenen days! - but the most important thing is the riffs are just a mere shadow of what Thomas created until Heimgang. There are some really good tracks but the overall feeling is that the set of riffs are very subpar compared with every other album. I knew that his departure will affect the overall sound but not this much.

If this is what Dolk is trying to accomplish with Kampfar, I support Thomas on leaving.

I'll give more spins and see what happens. Kampfar is as important to me as Vintersorg, Borknagar, Empyrium and Ulver, so I really hope Mare will grow on me.

just ordered the The Ultimate YGGDRASIL Fan Package: The new "Irrbloss" CD + "Vedergällning" (w. bonus) CD + "Kvällningsvindar Över Nordrönt Land" (re-mastered w. bonus) CD + "Irrbloss" T-shirt + poster signed by the band from their webshop! ^^ yay :hotjump:

man, i can't imagine why this band is so unknown: awesome black metal with traditional Scandinavian folk elements, with real violins and mouth harp sung in Swedish and English! I guess the lack of promotion was their old label's fault. Now that they signed with Grand Master Music, they will even have a video for a song from their upcoming album! ^^ I hope they will finally get a well deserved recognition!

i've found a copy of pain parade!!!!! :tickled:
i'm waiting to have it shipped, i will get it next week. i cannot wait, i'm so fucking excited! it is one of my favourite cds amongst andreas' entire discography and i wasn't able to find it anywhere (and i didn't want to order it from the usa)
as the item page showed on amazon.it the cd seems to have been reprinted. can anyone confirm me that? it was written "german edition" in the description field.

The Arckanum shirt and Kampfar's Heimgang arrived. Jordplus is here since the past week too.

I'll try to find a Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind copy.

Nightingale - Alive Again (2003)

cover_351762382005.jpeg

Jordpuls (obviously)
the new album of asaf avidan and the mojos
and the first album of geva alon

good stuff
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC_3MPZ-zAc&feature=related[/ame]

reminds me a lot of johnny cash...and way better than the original

Last edited by a moderator: