Last CD you bought

someone mentioned it before but I don't think there is one. Vintersorg was just to new and unsupported back then IMO.

i don't think the fact that Vintersorg was way less popular back then has anything to do with wether or not an album will be released in a cool packaging. for example, the first two Solefald albums were released in special patented digipaks :headbang:

yes lafey, i sometimes consider myself extremely lucky when it comes to obtaining rare stuff from my favorite bands.

but eh, could you do us all a favor and check out the Solefald topic in the Borknagar forum to translate a short Italian text message..?! thanks!!

original press from Napalm Records 1998

i also have it booked on amazon, i will get notified the day it's available. but perhaps it's better to get it in a record store on the European release date, no need to wait/pay for shipping ;)

yep here it is:

dscn2259cm0.jpg

dscn2260rj5.jpg

dscn2261sq6.jpg

lol that's a pretty corny album layout

reminds me of all those early to mid 1990s black metal albums with all the snow-covered mountains and guys wearing chainmail

at least V is dressed up normally and isn't wearing face paint while carrying some sort of battleaxe

I just won an ebay auction for the 'Till Fjälls digipack'. 6,01€:D Hopefully there won't be any problems with shipping and all that.

One thing I've noticed with Ebay is that shipping prices for most of the Cds I've looked at are increadibly high.

yes lafey, i sometimes consider myself extremely lucky when it comes to obtaining rare stuff from my favorite bands.

but eh, could you do us all a favor and check out the Solefald topic in the Borknagar forum to translate a short Italian text message..?! thanks!!

do you mean this one?

Il vostro Cornelione torna finalmente a Roma, e ci rimarrà durante il mese d'aprile. La chitarra parte con lui a Lazio, verso il sole e il mare. Oddio Odino, che l'Italia mi manca!

it has basically no meaning in italian :lol:
i mean there are some mistakes, but i'll try to translate the better i can...

Your Cornelius comes finally back to Rome, and he will stay/remain there in April. The guitar goes with him in Lazio (i suppose the sense of the phrase is that he will bring his guitar with him in Italy) toward the sun and the sea. Oh my god Odin, how much i miss Italy!

I just won an ebay auction for the 'Till Fjälls digipack'. 6,01€:D Hopefully there won't be any problems with shipping and all that.

I think you're just showing off to try and get me to marry you *shakes fist*
Yes... that's it. >_>;

Anyway, Just bought Borknagar's Epic with the "Making of Epic" dvd thing.
I already saw it on Youtube a while ago, but the entire thing still makes me giggle.
Lars is a sweety.
Vintersorg makes me giggle since he fails at singing <3
and Borge has stolen my heart, forget the band members... BORGE <3

I think you're just showing off to try and get me to marry you *shakes fist*
Yes... that's it. >_>;

Anyway, Just bought Borknagar's Epic with the "Making of Epic" dvd thing.

No, that's not it.:) I'm proud to add yet another disc to my 'vintersorg collection'. But I don't have it yet... that dude's pretty busy supposedly and once he finds out what the postage costs (Germany - Slovenia) he'll let me know and I'll send him the money of course.

What 'dvd thing'? That's not a dvd, it's just a bonus video on the CD. I was kind of hoping to find something like that on 'Origin', since it was a pretty short album, there was a lot of space for some bonus stuff...

No, that's not it.:) I'm proud to add yet another disc to my 'vintersorg collection'. But I don't have it yet... that dude's pretty busy supposedly and once he finds out what the postage costs (Germany - Slovenia) he'll let me know and I'll send him the money of course.

What 'dvd thing'? That's not a dvd, it's just a bonus video on the CD. I was kind of hoping to find something like that on 'Origin', since it was a pretty short album, there was a lot of space for some bonus stuff...

Yes, hence why I called it DVD thing. I had no idea what to call it since I knew it was just the small video on the CD, but it's still a video none the less. 8shakes fist* Leave me alone, you're so picky ;_;

i don't know exactly how to explain it, but i'll try....
SIAE it's a pubblic organ (with monopoly) which protects the copyright of cds, dvds...
the main aim is to protect artists :)lol: ), the true fact is that siae earns a lot of money from that and contributes to raise prices of copyrighted things, while the authors earn only about a 5% from the taxes they apply to products....

I think you explained it very good...couldn't do better!
Hi all and hi lefay82, I've just appeared in this part of the UM forum :wave:
Concerning the topic, it seems that when I go abroad it's a nice chance to make cd-shopping: last week I went to Germany and I had to force myself to go away and no longer watch the exposed CDs in the big shops I found:cry: anyway some stuff just remained sticked to my hands, can't help:lol:
I found some cd never found so far (here) and others very cheap: for example Fate Of Norns at 7.99 Euro:kickass: