Last CD you bought

Rivfadír;6553082 said:
People. No need to defend yourselves in here. I'm quite sure most of us have downloaded pirated stuff at least once. We're not the RIAA. As long as you DO buy some albums, it's fine with me.

i've more than 500 original cds, i think they are a little bit more than "some albums".
of course i would have more than 1000 cds if they cost half-price....
i'm not defending myself, i'm telling my opinion about downloading. i download if i have no money or no opportunity to find a cd in which i'm really interested.

I dont download anything off those raping robbery web sites.

I find band websites or stores on the search browser to hear samples, clips, or songs from the artist and 92% of the time I succeed in my searches.

My sharp fine tuned ears usually proves me I was correct in my judgements, but I know what to look for in music, and of course we all have our own different personal likings.

The last CD I tried to purchase through iTunes:

Vintersorg - Visions from the Spiral Generator.

What I got instead:

Ave End, by the band Lacrimas Profundere. But with the Vintersorg metadata. Someone loaded the *wrong music* under Mr. V's work.

I *really* wish I was kidding, but if you are in North America, you can hear this for yourself. Go to the iTunes Store, and find 'Visions...' by Vintersorg. Then play the 30 second samples. Unless Mr. V started singing about love and breakups in mopey British English, and also shot poor Asgeir up with a tranquilizing dart before he recorded the drum tracks, it's not the correct music.

I tried both writing and calling, and I can't get it corrected. I'm going to file another Tech Support ticket about this, and then go purchase a physical copy of the CD. But hey - at least Mr. V got the royalty from my purchase :)

(And please, no flak for using iTunes instead of buying a physical CD - I'm planning a move across the country soon, and the less I have to physically lug around, the better. Thus, iTunes.)

The last CD I tried to purchase through iTunes:

Vintersorg - Visions from the Spiral Generator.

What I got instead:

Ave End, by the band Lacrimas Profundere. But with the Vintersorg metadata. Someone loaded the *wrong music* under Mr. V's work.

I *really* wish I was kidding, but if you are in North America, you can hear this for yourself. Go to the iTunes Store, and find 'Visions...' by Vintersorg. Then play the 30 second samples. Unless Mr. V started singing about love and breakups in mopey British English, and also shot poor Asgeir up with a tranquilizing dart before he recorded the drum tracks, it's not the correct music.

I tried both writing and calling, and I can't get it corrected. I'm going to file another Tech Support ticket about this, and then go purchase a physical copy of the CD. But hey - at least Mr. V got the royalty from my purchase :)

(And please, no flak for using iTunes instead of buying a physical CD - I'm planning a move across the country soon, and the less I have to physically lug around, the better. Thus, iTunes.)

lol

that's hilarious

also, buying on itunes is as good as buying a cd... artists get royalties all the same...

Subway to Sally - Bannkreis
Subway to Sally - Hochzeit
Otyg - Älvefärd (finally!!!)
Jethro Tull - Songs from the Wood
Camel - Moonmadness
Dynamite Deluxe - Deluxe Soundsystem