Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

I was at the NYC show last night and will be there tonight. Last night didn't sell out, but I just saw that Opeth updated their Facebook and said that tonight's show is sold out.

I got really weird vibes from the show... It didn't feel like a "normal" Katatonia show to me. I can't really describe it, but something felt a bit off. Maybe it was the fact that they went on at 7 PM and I literally felt like I had just got off work and wasn't prepared, or maybe because they were opening (!). It's difficult to watch a band like that open.

I thought they put on a great show with the time they had. I only wish they could have played more from their discography but they did what they could with the time they had. As per usual, they were great.

I'm toying with the idea of going to Rochester, but I don't want to do the 6 hour drive (12 round trip) by myself. :(

I guess I should be considering myself fortunate then. I only have an hour and a half to drive to get to the Columbus, Ohio show. My main worry is that I heard they are doing some major construction work along I-70/I-670 and that long traffic delays are to be expected. :bah: Stack that on top of the fact that I have never driven to Columbus before (much less ANY city anywhere close to it's size) and that I don't know anything about the area. So needless to say, I am rather intimidated about making the solo trip, but I will just have to bite the bullet and try to do my best.

BTW, thanks for the videos Anthony. It's great to see that they are switching up the setlists a little bit. I wasn't aware they were playing "Onward Into Battle" on this tour. Man I wish they were playing a headlining set! There are so many songs I want to hear them play.

Yeah, just do it. Give yourself several extra hours in case anything goes wrong. I normally arrive at concerts at least an hour before doors, and then always get front row. Besides the drive from Milwaukee to Cleveland, two weeks later I have a 5 hour drive in the other direction for the Minneapolis show.

It's too bad I have to make it back to work ASAP or I'd also see the Columbus show while in Ohio. As a graduate student I have basically no money, but usually a pretty flexible 'work' schedule.

How is the merch this time round fellas? Any pics of what they've got for sale? New shirts or anything else? I'll be there tonight in Philly of course and tomorrow in Rochester! YeYeah!!!

Also I got an ad in one of my cds I just purchased and it contained new releases from Katatonia. Either a reissue or LP of For Funerals to Come and the Last Fair Day Gone Night album, not sure if it is a CD or LP. But they both say COMING SOON.

Here's a pic:

Untitled.jpg

Very exciting! =D

How is the merch this time round fellas? Any pics of what they've got for sale? New shirts or anything else? I'll be there tonight in Philly of course and tomorrow in Rochester! YeYeah!!!

There was some cool merch at the shows. I got a tour shirt that had the NITND reissue cover art on the front and the dates on the back. They were all $20 at my shows. There was also a LFDGD shirt if I remember correctly along with a few others. They are also selling the Unfurl hoodie.

Also I got an ad in one of my cds I just purchased and it contained new releases from Katatonia. Either a reissue or LP of For Funerals to Come and the Last Fair Day Gone Night album, not sure if it is a CD or LP. But they both say COMING SOON.

Here's a pic:

Untitled.jpg

Very exciting! =D

Interesting. Is this flyer from Peaceville?

I definitely hope that a cd comes with that dvd. It'd be sweet if they did a release like Within Temptation's THE BLACK SYMPHONY where one dvd had the main concert, then the other dvd had other performances from the tour and featured songs that weren't in the main concert. And then the two audio cds of the full main show.