Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

Welp, the show here in New Orleans is cancelled. Can't say i'm surprised. The Agalloch show that was supposed to roll through in March had only presold 18 tickets, and I'd wager that Katatonia would probably draw even less than that.

I'm sure that the guys are wiped from the extensive touring (they're citing that Jonas has wrecked his vocals over the last few weeks as the reason for the cancellation), but I have to assume that the ridiculous lack of ticket sales has made this decision a lot easier.

Oh well, I've got a room in the French Quarter, friends flying in from out of town, and a whole bottle of Patron. Guess I'll just have to make the best of it.

Fuck, am I glad that I decided to go to the Rochester/Cleveland shows now.

Damn. That sucks! But at least you got to see those other shows!!!

I thought the scene in New Orleans was better? Only 18 presold tix for Agalloch? Damn. I've seen them twice and they are one of the reasons I'm jumping on MDF tickets when I get my next paycheck.

But, on the bright side, you got friends, booze, and a room in New Orleans. What a great way to piss away a night. :D

Damn. That sucks! But at least you got to see those other shows!!!

I thought the scene in New Orleans was better? Only 18 presold tix for Agalloch? Damn. I've seen them twice and they are one of the reasons I'm jumping on MDF tickets when I get my next paycheck.

But, on the bright side, you got friends, booze, and a room in New Orleans. What a great way to piss away a night. :D

The scene here is TERRIBLE for this sort of thing, dude. Death metal and black metal shows will draw reasonably well, but that's about it. I saw Virgin Black here in 2007 in front of 5 people on a Saturday!

Everyone here just parties ways too hard for this kind of music.

At least there is a Saints game on Sunday... if they win (which they will, they're always down to hustle), people will be riding party buses around the city and I should have no problem hopping on one so long as I'm carrying a bottle of Patron and everyone on the bus is already drunk.

The scene here is TERRIBLE for this sort of thing, dude. Death metal and black metal shows will draw reasonably well, but that's about it. I saw Virgin Black here in 2007 in front of 5 people on a Saturday!

Everyone here just parties ways too hard for this kind of music.

At least there is a Saints game on Sunday... if they win (which they will, they're always down to hustle), people will be riding party buses around the city and I should have no problem hopping on one so long as I'm carrying a bottle of Patron and everyone on the bus is already drunk.

Hmm. I can't imagine being in a scene like that.

And dude? I'm a girl. :D

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say FUCK ATLANTA. Seriously. I missed all of Katatonia's set last night because I was stopped dead on I-20 for well over an hour, because of fucking ROADWORK on a Friday night! Seriously, whose genius idea was that? I missed Opeth's first song too, but considering they played for about two hours, I can live with it. But missing Katatonia was just infuriating. I'm glad I've at least seen them a couple of times before.

Done ranting now. Also, hello to everyone; this is the first time I've posted in a few years.

I was deathly afraid I'd miss parts of Katatonia's set both nights in NYC. They went on at 7 PM on the dot. The soonest train I could get after work got me into Grand Central Terminal at around 6:45 and it was a fucking nightmare. Obama was in Manhattan the first show (obviously there to see Katatonia, you know?) and, on top of that, for those two days the UN was convening. So, there were about three cops on every street corner and then traffic was an absolute bitch as was public transportation. The first night I got in with five minutes to spare. The second night I got in just as the first song started -- literally Jonas walked out on stage just as I walked into the venue.

Did they start that early on the entire tour?

Rochester they went on at 11pm. So many shitty local openers. Trepanation crossed my mind quite a bit until Katatonia came on and saved the day with no less than the best performance I have ever witnessed.

Not quite sure how I made it through those opening bands in Rochester without falling asleep. Katatonia provided me the much needed adrenaline.

Hi everyone!
I'm planning on going to the last gig of the tour. Now, I got a bit scared after the show got cancelled, do you think the same will happen with the Baltimore gig? It's a REALLY long trip for me, so I want to know your opinions before hand about this.
Cheers!

Oh my. I just bought the gig ticket and the plane ticket for the show. USD 130 in total. Not bad considering how much I adore Katatonia (looking at the poster of the guys now :D ). So, it'll be, Costa Rica - Boston, then Baltimore and back.

YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Can't wait!!!!
By the by, if any of you forum guys is going to the gig we could, perhaps, meet. I'm also selling a couple of Dornenreich CDs in case you're interested.