Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

SO, was anyone at the show in Los Angeles on 10/19/11? My friend does not know their old stuff but says they played 5-6 songs with Blackheim doing the growls and Jonas playing guitar! If you were there, I would like to know which songs they played, sounds awesome!

On a side note, I started listening to Katatonia and Opeth back in 1994/95. It was really trippy to see them play in San Diego, I never imagined in a million years that either of those bands would play here! Funny how things work out sometimes.

According to setlist.fm, they played Without God and Murder at that show. Didn't know they were playing those at non-headlining shows.

Setlist for the Arizona show was alright, but was glad they played Clean Today and Chrome. The crowd was gay as aids. Total hipster hangout for points kinda deal. Hoping for a headlining set again...maybe next year???

Might as well pop in to say the Milwaukee show kicked ass. I felt like getting Opeth and Katatonia there together finally wiped away the bad juju from Metalfest 2000. My first time hearing some of the NitND tracks live; made me feel obligated to revisit the album (which I still think is their weakest yet, but particularly "Longest Year" and "Liberation" struck me hard live). Was hoping for "Omerta"; oh well. Jonas seemed to be in a fantastic mood.

Thought the Opeth set worked, honestly. Not my kind of Opeth, admittedly, but Mike has crafted a really solid, cohesive set, aside from the crappy drum solo in the middle of "Porcelain" and ending the set with "Hex Omega"--huh? Was really happy they played "Throat Of Winter", love that song. When are people going to give up on the stupid rhythmic clapping? Especially during songs where the tempo and time signatures change every couple of minutes. Nauseating.

Overall a really fun night. Starting to feel kind of sad about the prospect of not seeing Katatonia again for quite some time.

Before they played Without God and Murder, I was kind of bummed out with the set. It was still fun, but there were absolutely zero tracks I had not heard them play before. They were also all from the last three albums. I assumed it was a business move, but as far as I have seen, they were playing tracks from other albums on other dates. Oh well.

When I was arriving, my friend called me and said he heard two Bloodbath tracks at soundcheck. Then Mike hinted twice that there may be something special after the Opeth set. So I saw it coming, but it was still really neat. I get why they played Eaten, but I was surprised that they played Soul Evisceration. I thought they should have played a track Mike actually recorded vocals for. I cannot totally complain though because that will likely be the first and last time I see Bloodbath in person.

I just wonder if anyone recorded the Bloodbath tracks.

Aaargh. Can't believe they only did this on ONE night of the tour. No fair!

/Scratch that. I got to see Katatonia twice this year. Cleveland=one of the best shows I've ever seen. I have no room for complaints.

[lucky Baltimore bastards]