Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

297497_180750015334180_100001975476823_382441_778198611_n.jpg

292043_180750342000814_100001975476823_382447_773489_n.jpg

311289_180750412000807_100001975476823_382448_121020612_n.jpg

I'm absurdly excited for Cleveland tonight. Darksoul, if I see you I'll say hi. I've met Anthony a few times, but not you yet.

holy shit.. Rochester was one of the best shows ever... i'm still in disbelief with how good they were...all my pals left the venue with the same feeling... best 10 bucks i've EVER spent.

Glad you were able to make the trip Cory...

To reiterate those above me: the show in Rochester was nothing short of an amazing experience. Glad to have met the awesome guys on the left (stage right) for giving back the energy to the band that they gave the crowd. I rocked my heart out to every word!

Just got back from Cleveland. - Met Lord Darksoul, and have some fun pictures to put up here once I get my mind back together.

Fantastic, wonderful show. I was up front, and the vocals were as loud from the crowd behind me as they were from Jonas.

One other thing- I seem to have left a couple of Katatonia shirts at the venue, and didn't realize this until I was most of the way back to where I'm staying. I was hanging out with a group of people who probably read this board- If you have Nathan's Katatonia shirts please let me know, and I'll be happy to pay for postage.

It's not really a big deal, though- the most important thing is that Katatonia got my money for them.

Wow, what an amazing show... I'm still kind of in disbelief. Thank you for a wonderful experience, Katatonia.

I just got back from the Columbus show! Man, it was great! Katatonia was so damn good. I ran into several people who said that they blew Opeth out of the water (I couldn't agree more...it's not that Opeth wasn't any good, but there was not enough energy to their set...rather boring). It was such a shame that Katatonia were not the headliners instead. I don't remember the exact order, but the songs they played were 'Day And Then The Shade', 'Liberation', 'Soil's Song', 'My Twin', 'The Longest Year', 'The Promise Of Deceit', 'July', 'Chrome', 'We Must Bury You', 'Forsaker' and 'Leaders'. The next time I see Katatonia, I pray that they are headlining. Tonight was a cruel tease.

Peabody's was unbelievable. Feel like I'm still waking up from a dream. 16 hours in a car in the span of two days: totally worth it. The band was way, way, way better than I've ever seen them before. Killer little venue, Great Lakes on tap, amazing crowd, mind-blowing performance.

Was really hoping for "Unfurl" since they're selling shirts with those lyrics on 'em! What are the chances they'll whip that one out in Milwaukee next month?? Ha ha ha. "Wait Outside" and "Dissolving Bonds"--I certainly have no complaints. Talk about giving it all for the fans. Now all I need is a 20th-anniversary tour for TONIGHT'S DECISION in eight years or so. That will pretty much make my life complete.

I'm Sitting in Baltimore's airport after driving back from Cleveland yesterday with my friend who came along for the ride. Those were easily the two best and most energetic Katatonia shows I've ever seen. Rochester, in particular, was almost like a religious experience. I got to meet so many cool people and hang out with others that I see one every other year or so. Best weekend ever? Here is to New Orleans next weekend.

I am seeing the videos / posts from the Rochester show... I'm so happy you all enjoyed yourselves. I ended up going through a personal crisis of sorts that rendered me unable to go. Thanks for posting the pics and videos though. I really appreciate it. :)

When I read your posts I was really... just.... reminded of the first time I saw Katatonia. It was absolutely religious and I felt like what I was experiencing trascended so many other things that were going on in my life at that point. I was among a bunch of people who could scream every word to ever song like it meant the world to them - cause it did - cause we could relate to everything that was going on. Every time I see Katatonia I get that same experience, where I am simply high on the music and overwhelmed by emotion.

(Ha, wow, I got a little emotional there, but whatever.)

Welp, the show here in New Orleans is cancelled. Can't say i'm surprised. The Agalloch show that was supposed to roll through in March had only presold 18 tickets, and I'd wager that Katatonia would probably draw even less than that.

I'm sure that the guys are wiped from the extensive touring (they're citing that Jonas has wrecked his vocals over the last few weeks as the reason for the cancellation), but I have to assume that the ridiculous lack of ticket sales has made this decision a lot easier.

Oh well, I've got a room in the French Quarter, friends flying in from out of town, and a whole bottle of Patron. Guess I'll just have to make the best of it.

Fuck, am I glad that I decided to go to the Rochester/Cleveland shows now.