Last Fair Day Gone Night Tour 2011

FlawedCoil, Katatonia has confirmed that they're playing a 60 minute set as Opeth's opener on their Facebook page. You should definitely go- and try to make it to Cleveland too if at all possible.

Yea, that was me that asked and that they replied to. :p But thanks. Although I didn't quite understand if they meant that they have 60 minutes total (including setting up/taking down their equipment) or if they meant 60 minutes of playtime total (not including the time it takes to switch out everything if there would possibly be another opening band)? Nonetheless, it is looking like I will be able to make the Columbus show, so hopefully that doesn't change. I plan to get my ticket no later than Monday.

I've heard of nothing at all to suggest any third band present at any of the Opeth/Katatonia shows, so everything should be set to go from the soundcheck. I'd take it as 60 minutes of playtime.

That'd definitely be awesome! I've just been to a few shows before where an uncredited local band comes out before the main opener, so I didn't know if that would happen here or not. Hopefully you're right though.

MOntreal show yesterday, as part of 20th anniversary headlining tour.
Great setlist and great show!

22 songs were played

Last fair deal gone down - 11 songs
For my demons
Nephilim
I break
The longest year
Wait outside
July
-----
Without god - (Jonas and Andreas switch roles on this an murder)
Murder
Dissolving bonds
My twin
Forsaker

Dammit, I was all excited at first thinking that was their setlist from the Opeth tour. I do hope that since they won't have as much time, that they will play material from all of their albums instead of just playing LFDGD straight through as the opener.

Setlist? Anything which wasn't on Migs' list from the Montreal show?

EDIT:
It just made it to setlist.fm:

Forsaker
Liberation
Soil's Song
Nephilim
My Twin
The Longest Year
Evidence
Chrome
For My Demons
July
Leaders

Liberation! Really happy about this. I'm starting to count the hours to Cleveland, and then other Kata shows after that.

They didn't play For Your Demons. They played the first 3 seconds of it which got me excited and then stopped due to monitor issues. A minute later they started playing July. A short but great set. Nephilim and Chrome were the highlights for me. Opeth was different but I still enjoyed it.

One more Opeth/Kata show tonight and then Rochester will be the icing on the cake.

I was at the show last night. Katatonia was great. I had a good conversation with Daniel, who was very friendly. Talked to Jonas for a few minutes too. Both were nice enough to take a picture with me. Their set was the best, sound and playingwise, I've ever seen from them.

I was at the show last night. Katatonia was great. I had a good conversation with Daniel, who was very friendly. Talked to Jonas for a few minutes too. Both were nice enough to take a picture with me. Their set was the best, sound and playingwise, I've ever seen from them.

They were excellent!

The CT show was great. I felt like Katatonia were underappreciated, despite their awesome set. This might be the tightest I've ever seen the band play. Really great setlist too.

I felt like people enjoyed Opeth, despite them not playing any death metal, though it definitely disappointed some people. I have also seen them many times, and I thought it was a really cool set. Told Mike myself afterwards that I respect the direction and that they're doing what they want. Opeth hate to be predictable or boring, and so I think this move actually makes sense. I do want to see them play some deathhh next time, though. Has been quite some time.

I was amazed that Opeth played "Patterns in the Ivy Part II"! I have wanted to see them perform that song for many years! Also, "Chrome" and "Omerta" from Katatonia were particularly great to see live. I think the highlight, at least for Opeth, was "A Fair Judgement"! The ending...! Oh my God.

The CT show was great. I felt like Katatonia were underappreciated, despite their awesome set. This might be the tightest I've ever seen the band play. Really great setlist too.

I agree. I was rocking out during their set while everyone around me seemed to just be standing around.

Chrome live is crushing.