Last night's Opeth Concert NYC 7-17-03

I hate Opeth fans who kust listen to the music for the heaviness and not the actual music, fuck them. Im tired of the stupid ridiculously retarded NYC metal scene that I am ashamed to be a part of. Bunch of ADD no attention span wankers who listen to the music to be part of some scene, and not for the musical aspect...Please if your going to do this, go listen to Deicide and do us all a favor and stay home next time Opeth plays.

Even if people didnt know Opeth was playing a mellow setlist, which btw is impossible unless you are the type of person I mentioned above...Anyways, even if you dint know, isnt the mellow stuff perhaps the most integral part of Opeths sound anyways? So why is it so hard for some of you people to appreciate bands like PT, and Damnation Opeth regardless of what they play? Ugh...Ummm did u perhaps know that Opeth released a second album AFTER Deliverance? Are you people so dense, that u couldnt grasp the idea that they toured the other album last time, and that it would be easy to assume they are touring the second one now? No of courseee not. Or how about the 10 or so times Mike said on the last tour they are touring Damnation the next time around?

Its trendy and hip to like Opeth now, so Im going to just have to deal with insane amount of posers that have no claimed allegiance to them....ehhh *shrugs* o wellz...At least I enjoyed the show.

thorns couldnt agree more wit u, i live in NJ but when i go to NYC for a show i understand what u mean bout the people just bein part of a scene. I bet those people dissin porcupine would rather listen to lacuna just cause there supposedly "dark and heavy"

squatch41 said:
I was the tall (6'3") fat guy with short dark hair and my new Dream Theater 2003 tour shirt. I was near the area where PT had packed their equipment after their show.

IDK, I really didn't see this crowd as any worse than usual for any show in NYC area. The 2 HUGE Damnation fans to my left were very supportive although they yelled sometimes dopey stuff...but nothing disrespectful. I heard a few wiseacres/dopes yell for harder stuff and the jerk that yelled the Nickelback comment.

I was standing right behind you wearing a Meshuggah shirt. My two friends and possibly my brother are the Damnation fans to which you are referring.

TheLedTool said:
Thanks. It'd be nice if someone could put it in order for me, but I'll probably end up doing that myself...

corrected song list
--------------------------
1. Creator
2. Muzak
3. Gravity
4. Blackest Eyes
5. Even Less
6. Slave Called Shiver
7. Happy Birthday To You (sung to a Lava/Atlantic A&R guy)
8. Futile
9. Waiting 1
10. Hatesong
11. Shesmovedon
12. Heart Attack
13. Strip
14. Trains