Last show of 2011 November 27th Wakefield

Considering I have a terrible cold and my heading was hurting like hell, as soon as Power Quest started I completely forgotten about my illness. The show was absolutely unbelievable. The first couple of tracks you could tell Colin was nervous (that is bound to happen) but after that he just went for it and it was absolutely fantastic. Colin - I'm proud to have some Irish in me, I must buy you a pint of Guinness to celebrate this lovely occasion... Or even a pint of Cemetery Gates ;)

Anyway, guys, I am so proud of all of you. Thank you so much for giving all of us an absolute killer show. It's been a difficult couple of months for you guys but this gig I'm sure has made up for it all! I can see and feel that this is a tight line-up and I hope it stays like this for many years to come. Cheers guys, and The Quest Lives On!

Awesome to hear that both those who were in attendance, including myself and those who watched the stream are in agreeance, this show was absolutely incredible! I feel privilaged to have been there in the front row! Amazing setlist, sound was great, Colin has shown what he is capable of and then some on the Vocals, just, everything amazing!

It was awesome to hang about with the PQ lads after the show and get a "few" drinks down to say the least! What an amazing day (and morning!) it was! Paying for it now though, feeling rather fragile! It was my 4th time seeing PQ, but this one was by far and away the best yet and that is saying something!

The support bands were great as well in Dreamcatcher and Evil Scarecrow. EC are always dead fun live!

Thank you once again Power Quest! Amazing day, amazing show, amazing night! :kickass:

I hate to compare Colin with past vocalists but he really did channel the spirit of Alessio on those older tracks, he sounded EXACTLY like him during one of the songs, I think it was Children of the Dream or Temple of Fire -- he pulls those songs off incredibly well!

Wish you guys could have been there in person, was a great evening. Just out of interest, did they broadcast the "buy some drinks or fuck off" rant?

Thanks for the great feedback guys! We had a blast in Wakefield......the show went really well and I thought Colin did a great job, as did the other guys. Was so cool to chat with Kingface and many others after the show too. Great to hear that those of you who caught it online enjoyed it as well.

We really let our hair down and eventually rolled back to Derby just after 5am.......haven't been that hammered for years lol!

We did film the whole thing as well.....and I've yet to check out the DVD but look forward to doing that this week

Thank you so much for all the nice comments everyone, it's really heart warming to hear your responses!! And it was great hanging out with everyone after the show. Hopefully we will see most of you again for the next gigs we do, and I look forward to that as well.

I was really impressed with Dreamcatcher and managed to get their CD :) Evil Scarecorw also did an awesome show and attracted a very large bunch of people as well, and with good reason - they are really pro and have a great stage show.

Raise your hearts and voices :) :)

P.S. Yeah, we have now got a full unofficial PQ live DVD. The mix on it and the sound quality seems quite good when played through a nice system. Also the camera work was really awesome and it looks fairly pro!!

Thanks to all who came to the show on Sunday night and to all who watched the live stream. Glad you all enjoyed the show. Just wish those on the live stream could have taken part in the incredible drinking session that followed. I'm too old to be doing that too often and the recovery was a long and winding road, one that led all the way to Glasgow. No officer, I'd rather not blow into that tube!!! Haha.

Great to see the comments too guys. We're proud to have found Colin and to have got him into the band. It makes us even more proud to know that you all approve. And believe me, this guy (like the rest of us) is in it for the music! Here's to a long and successful future for Power Quest with Colin helping us forge the way forward. The Quest goes on from strength to strength and Neverworld truly feels like it is only just beyond the blue horizon now.

Kingface, you listened to it yet??? You know what I'm talking about, haha. See you soon buddy.

Steve, when can I buy a copy of the DVD?????????????

Thanks to everyone who watched this show and for all the positive comments :D We had a blast on stage and really enjoyed it and glad you guys all enjoyed too.
Rock on!

Re: Power Quest DVD of any kind

1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

NOW

If there is a DVD, rest assured it is forget in platinum and gives off such a glorious splendour that whoever is watching would be forced to wear shades. I want that. I so want that. Bonus disc for the next album, perhaps?